Status
Not open for further replies.

catalog

I listened to her talking about it and she said it's about wanting to find peace during a period of mental turmoil (by looking at the sky) but there's something that stops you from transcending (a bloody crane in the way).

they put a lot of noise in the sky that's true

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm living in the village I grew up in at the moment and a lot of new houses have been built in the last few years. It's really weird to come round a corner expecting the view you had for 30 odd years and it's now blocked by houses.

It's not that bad but I think it's worse in cities. The buildings being huge and the sky being crowded as it is.

Leo

I'm living in the village I grew up in at the moment and a lot of new houses have been built in the last few years. It's really weird to come round a corner expecting the view you had for 30 odd years and it's now blocked by houses.

It's not that bad but I think it's worse in cities. The buildings being huge and the sky being crowded as it is.

you should write a pop song about it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Some of this stuff has suffered the same fate as a certain sort of classical music (mozart, handel) that's become synonymous with being put on hold at the bank.

I can imagine it being played at low volume in a Starbucks.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm not saying that this music should be the elitist preserve of the few, just that it's status as music is degraded by using it as atmospheric musical wallpaper.

Maybe you're right, though - I'm being Brian Sewellish.

You were right about that Money Jungle !

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
No you've genuinely made me think about this.

I think there is an argument to say that playing jazz as 'mere' ambience helps spread it in a world where jazz is no longer a mainstream genre – and the same might be true of playing 'Water Music' while people are on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.