Wiley - Godfather

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was surprised that Devlin was on this cos I'm pretty sure he called Wiley a paedophile at one point. He is a bit shit, can't stay on the beat...

Look let's not get distracted there are some bangers on this primarily BACK WITH A BANGA.

forclosure

was nice to hear J2K on the mic even if he weirdly sounded like P Money imo

also i've always got love for Jamakabi and Prez T

Glacial 718

🍉 🍉 🍉
it's good, one of the better AAA grime albums since the "grime revival" (and I say that thinking all those albums have been pretty good)

this promo freestyle he did for it is great, got the tunnel vision feel

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah that is a problem, every track is high energy, exact same flow, does get tiring fairly quickly. Optimum grime conditions = multiple MCs passing the mic every 16/32 bars IMO

rubberdingyrapids

since he lost that bounce he had in the early days, hes a bit of a exhaustingly gruff vocal presence, always sounds like hes hectoring almost

wiley also has the issue of sounding bored with what hes doing

like he could always be doing something else

im sure some of that is just part of the wiley persona (im too big for this/you etc) but it can seem unenjoyable

muser

can anyone tell me what that laptop track is sampling or copying the melody from, I feel its really obvious and should know it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Enjoying working my rage up by perusing the BTL comments. 'People are just pretending to like grime', 'There's just no musical talent anymore', 'Grime is just hip-hop', etc. GUARDIAN READERS Y'ALL.