Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Noticed some Autechre love in this thread and let me throw a few more in: Confield (a generative algorithm MASTERPIECE), ep7 (not really an EP), and Quaristice. All great, start to finish. Musically and, er, let's say visually.

mvuent

Void Dweller
dissensus is basically divided between ae nerds who are already convinced they're god tier and people who couldn't care less. so no need to mess around, let's just admit that everything they've done is at least good and every album has arguably been better than the last.

CrowleyHead

2020 we're still shackled to the slavish allegiance to Richard D James and Autechre. This is why we can't evolve into a modern society. Nobody fucking cares about them in the real world because they're barely music. Fucking Autechre? AUTECHRE? Even Woebot could point this out guys, come on.

mvuent

Void Dweller
I bet you could come to like them! evidence:
The trick is in the run-on sentences, the moments of friction in the pockets of the beat, the erratic energy that can easily become a formula but becomes about dawdling and the unnecessary over emphasis on certain syllables or deliberate staggering.

luka

This thread is lost in the wilderness. Where is sadmanmoses to lead it into the promised land?

mvuent

Void Dweller
knew someone was about to pull the old "um ANYWAYS lets get back on track" as soon as I posted that. I'll start my own thread about the connection then.

mvuent

Void Dweller
didn't mean to imply that I don't agree with you about sadmanmoses. (just that I had an idea for a thread that will probably annoy like 30% of the forum)

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden

This is my favourite from LP5.

When they have killer hooks or - gasp - tunes they are at their best. I thought they were twats when they dismissed Amber as "cheesy"...