luka

A key question is what exactly does jhp mean by quality. To my mind it's ambigious

luka

But you've read that extreme,y well. It's a difficult piece and you've picked up a huge amount from a single reading of something I've read about 30 times.

luka

If you can try and find the English intelligencer correspondence between Prynne and Peter Riley

luka

Aes rude > aes signatum > aes grave (refining currency forms).

Remember this is figured as a move into abstraction, and yes, capital

luka

February, 1967

"Man extending himself into the landscape, as you say; which you are right to consider a crucial question for the subsequent formalities of conduct. My own interest has a different emphasis from yours, however, and as it's clear that a great pressure has to be located behind the Indo European migrations, it can as clearly be shaped to serve quite various though related needs.

So that: I address myself to the primal history of QUALITY, as a designation for accumulations of motive simultaneous with patterns of behaviour as convergence I could take this as place-focus, but just as well in the discretionary image of person, or local convulsions in the sequence of time. And with such a separation from the idea of REGION, it becomes more possible to consider land mass more or less as such: the loess tundra, for example, or boreal parkland, in which brief or semi permanent settlement is possible but not in the figure of large social organisation which makes a region. My instinct is that the distribution of local instances of fact which can be grouped(pot and implement typology, for example) has led to imposed ideas of REGION that are foreign in pre literate landscape and which are(by unacknowledged retrojection) based on common law practice concerning land OWNERSHIP. .."

Jhp

luka

Now I don't think that's easy but I am interested to know what you can do with it

luka

How we identify, isolate, purify, rescue properties from their adherence in mixed condition (the reference to threshing grain for instance. To extract the pure from the base. Alchemy)

other_life

bioconfused
How we identify, isolate, purify, rescue properties from their adherence in mixed condition (the reference to threshing grain for instance. To extract the pure from the base. Alchemy)
by working the soil we cultivate the sky

luka

I keep trying to get third to read this essay but he's fatally addicted to agit-prop

luka

"As use-value, commodities differ above all in quality, while as exchange values they can only differ in quantity, and therefore do no contain an atom of use-value". Das kap

luka

quietly speculating on the forms of these letters as channels for subtler energies
View attachment 1030
their shape suggests momentum. the rush of horses, the rumble of chariots, the vast distances of seafaring
whereas these are containers of the very same energies
View attachment 1031
their square shape almost suggests domesticity/civility. the end letters also remove some of the aforementioned ambiguity. "this is where a phrase ends, one word does not connect into the next"

Remember sometimes straight lines replacing curves are a result of the writing tool itself and what it is written IN

Historical materialism

Last edited: