The Grime Hall of Shame

luka

Honestly what I said about Donae'o could apply to Maxwell D too and he was def. guilty of some bizarre affectations.

They're different cos maxwell d was part of the core group whereas donae'o was from some faraway place in north west London and actually it was a miracle he managed to get himself heard when you think about it. Came up on his own too not like other outsiders like, say essentials, or meridian, or slk who could at least play the hypeman for one another

forclosure

Ghetts, Lady Fury, Big Seac wasnt good was he? Bashy, fucking SNIPER E

LAST I SAW OF SNIPER E HE WAS TAKING PART IN RAP BATTLES ON DONT FLOP

luka

i wanted to do a thread about ket at one point. its the antithesis of everything good. the worst people, with the word values, with no culture.

I love drugs but I'm never going to do that one. "A proper cock-softener" as Barty once put it

luka

Ghetts, Lady Fury, Big Seac wasnt good was he? Bashy, fucking SNIPER E

LAST I SAW OF SNIPER E HE WAS TAKING PART IN RAP BATTLES ON DONT FLOP

Sniper e and big Seac obviously weren't anyone's favourites but they didn't set a bad example they just weren't very good whereas ghetto set a bad example. That movement thing was a misstep. All that lot

sadmanbarty

i've never done ket either.

thirdform had a genius line the other day about a certain type of white people who don't even try to feign being black.

ket is their drug. antithetical to everything i stand for.

forclosure

Know what fuck it i dont know if they would count as grime or not but N Dubz need to be mention some people of my age like to look back on the Channel U days and act like they only requested in the rawest shit but i remember there was a period of time where N Dubz had a chokehold on that channel shit single after shit single

jesus christ man

version

The main thing I remember about N-Dubz was the collective disappointment when it turned out that Dappy had a huge penis.

sadmanbarty

n dubz were iconic. that can't be stressed enough.

its also something that i'd forgotten about entirely till just this second. repressed memory.

forclosure

There is none literally no good N Dubz tunes

also does Tinie Tempah deserve to be put on the list? i never wouldve guessed that of all the brehs from Aftershock he would be the megastar

sadmanbarty

What's a good tune of theirs? I missed this movement I was too old

there aren't any. it's just a crucial cultural moment. its the music everyone my age was listning to when they snuck the headphone up their sleeve and lent on their hand so the teacher couldn't see them listning to music.

luka

Noel Clarke's films probably deserve a nod too.

England's always struggling against this pantomime, school play, Grange Hill thing, so hard to get round it or away from it. It exerts this huge gravitational pull