sadmanbarty

I wouldn’t say batman’s boring though.that underlying pedantic rage. A man so preoccupied with vengeance it engulfs him. It literally masks him.

sadmanbarty

Visually the best joker is still Bob kane’s Original one. Very distorted. A brutal face. Like someone with a severe allergy or when plastic surgery goes criminally wrong. Kane’s joker looked how lil Kim does now. A man beaten by the world. Dead eyed.

The crudeness of Bob kane’s Drawings is a real plus. Batman’s rodentine look.

version

RE: the audience, you won't see many/any representatives from trump's base there. regardless of what you think of the film, it has too many layers of emotion and issues. they're more into superficial "fast and furious" type shit. I know lots of hipsters who've seen it.

A couple of pages back I posted this irritating journalist trying to spin it as being an Antifa film.

version

Visually the best joker is still Bob kane’s Original one. Very distorted. A brutal face. Like someone with a severe allergy or when plastic surgery goes criminally wrong. Kane’s joker looked how lil Kim does now. A man beaten by the world. Dead eyed.

The crudeness of Bob kane’s Drawings is a real plus. Batman’s rodentine look.

This is a strange one.

arkjok.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Overheard a lot of people at the office today talking about having seen this or going to see it.

(my office is full of normal people.)

firefinga

I always thought Superman was boring. Omnipotent god raised on human morals. Choose one or the other.

Superman clearly is the lamest Superhero. Omnipotent Greek God, but without any of the human flaws said Greek Gods all had. Like a "family value"-Zeus.

sadmanbarty

the simultaneous sense of isolation and and responsibility superman experiences from being better than everyone else is a quality i very much relate to.

the agony of being a god in the mortal plane.

sadmanbarty

the two competing visions of the jewish-american experience are superman and woody allen.

superman's a far better, far richer and more nuanced exploration of jewish american life.

sadmanbarty

the destruction of krypton was the pogroms/holocaust. the bottle city of kandor is israel. clark kent is assimilation. superman is jewish excellence.