Culture Vultures

sadmanbarty

i'm staunchly pro-culture vulture.

it's crucial to coalesce around the new (if you can't yourself pioneer the new).

lots of the music dissensus loves is culture vulturing; hardcore, jungle, 70's miles, pharaoh sanders.

though it's been documented i'm not a bowie fan, it's infinitely better to go for his and miles davis tact of evolving every few years and adopting new trend than not to.

luka

Get the feeling barty is using the term in an entirely personal idiosyncratic sense here

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it was outmoded by 1997 anyway. people don't want to admit just how much the first wave of breakcore was junglists being left behind. the dualism is not really there. either you go big or you stick to your guns, no other way around it. Wiley is just seeking pr attention here.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i'm staunchly pro-culture vulture.

it's crucial to coalesce around the new (if you can't yourself pioneer the new).

lots of the music dissensus loves is culture vulturing; hardcore, jungle, 70's miles, pharaoh sanders.

though it's been documented i'm not a bowie fan, it's infinitely better to go for his and miles davis tact of evolving every few years and adopting new trend than not to.

Not sure why you're saying dissensus loves pharoah sanders? I never loved him, i thought he was alright for a while but even these days I'm increasingly turned off his shamanistic huxtering and would rather listen to archie shepp or Rahsaan Roland Kirk. second side of thembi is alright though still. that's where he had the potential to go into true afrocentric shamanism. black unity also good, but more for the thundering bass and drums section, not pharoah's sax. karma these days sounds tedious to me.

Leo

agree or disagree with him, gotta love a Wiley interview.

also, up with pagans!