Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Al-Farid, Exeter, near the cathedral. Plenty of great veggy stuff on the menu. The baba ghanoush is divine.

luka

Ta. I always find I live off pasties and chips any time I'm in Devon. Very hard to secure a vegetable in the countryside

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yesterday we had pizza takeaway. Thing is I like Dominos and girlfriend likes the local one called Pizza O Boss so I drove to that one and ordered it, then the other, then picked them both up and we drove out to a viewing point thing looking over the valley and sat there on a wall eating them and drinking wine. Was nice. Today we will eat the rest of a bean and pork stew we made the other day (and also leftover pizza).

Valley1.jpg

Valley2.jpg

Leo

given that wonderful view and setting, we'll excuse you for actually liking domino's pizza.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's not classier, I just really like Dominos sometimes. Although when it first opened I was happy and got one straight away and it didn't taste right at all, it wasn't greasy enough, too stingy on the topping etc and I wondered if that was the healthy Portuguese version. But luckily I think it was just inexperience and now they are nailing it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That place where we ate is like two minutes drive from our house but only found out about it the other day cos it's in a direction we don't normally go.

luka

Greasiness is the defining quality of a dominos pizza that's true. Maybe it's the cheese they use? It's not Pizza Hut where the base is an oil sponge, almost deep fried, it's a different kind of greasiness. If you're in the mood it's very satisfying I agree.

IdleRich

IdleRich
When I was little we would go to Pizza Hut every now and again as a family treat and I used to love it, but when I've had it it's been disappointing so I never really eat it now. I dunno what Dominos do but I'm pretty sure the base is deep fried, plus loads of salt and sugar (you always feel thirsty as fuck afterwards) - if you get that sweet/salt combo right you can't go wrong I think.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I made these pizza ball things the other day. Make your own sauce, wrap it up in some dough with meat and cheese and bake or fry, they were really special I thought. Sometimes I like the Dominos version though. What can I say?

luka

I was so happy with last nights meal I'm going to make it again tonight plus some purple sprouting broccoli on the side for the fancy sulphur compounds and the magical way it turns the water blue.

Leo

of course. in fact, there'a always rabid debate on foodie sites/blogs like chowhound, etc. on where to find the best pizza. none of those discussion include domino's, however.