Big Books

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I've managed to get ~16 pages into this US climate policy report, and even that is a struggle. The time will come.

william_kent

I found the Gurdjieff quote - you pretend to read it out loud..

..,I find it necessary on the first page of this book, now ready for publication, to give the following advice "Read each of my written expositions thrice

First - at least as you have already become mechanized to read all your contemporary books and newspapers,

Second - as if you were reading aloud to another person,

And only third - try to fathom the gist of my writings.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
young people cant read becasue they are too overstimulated. i read it on the k-punk blog.
Yeah thats why I think it will become something of a mystical ancient practice, provided the hyperstimulation continues on the track it promises to.

Thats a big hurdle for me right now, regarding reading. Not just the attention span, but I encountered too much too quickly, it seems, and it has all been leveled into a single plane of discourse.

luka

reading only makes sense if you understand it as operating on a single plane of discourse anyway

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah thats why I think it will become something of a mystical ancient practice, provided the hyperstimulation continues on the track it promises to.

Thats a big hurdle for me right now, regarding reading. Not just the attention span, but I encountered too much too quickly, it seems, and it has all been leveled into a single plane of discourse.

Bullshit excuses.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Granted, the first time I got myself into reading regularly was through sheer willpower, so maybe thats all it will take this time.