Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Is 'continuity Corbynism' a gag along the lines of 'Provisional Corbynism' and 'Real Corbynism'?

craner

Beast of Burden
I had a daydream once in which I married Angela Raynor and she didn’t want to abandon her surname but I wanted her to take my surname, so we compromised and she had to go around calling herself Angela Raynor-Craner.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Corbyn went into last month's election like a man preparing to jump off a cliff in the expectation of spontaneously developing the ability to fly in mid-air, because he was surrounded by a clique of sycophants and fellow-travellers who'd spent years telling him he could definitely do it. Meanwhile another group of more distant acquaintances were saying "You know, Jeremy, I'm really not sure this is such a great idea", but were shouted down and ignored by the first lot (or told to "fuck off and join the Lib Dems/Tories", of course!).

Now that the inevitable and entirely predictable result has come about, members of that inner group - such as whoever wrote that twaddle quoted by version - are lashing out at the other group for "causing" the defeat by "not believing" that their absolute boy could fly, and therefore undoing the magic that would otherwise have worked.

And for god's sake, isn't time to let go of the hate-puppet of Tony Blair? I'm sure he'd love to think he still has enough influence to affect the outcome of a general election, but that's nothing but a figment of his own egotism. The idea that former Labour voters in the North and Midlands abandoned the party in 2019 on Blair's say-so is utterly risible. These voters may not have warmed to Corbyn but they have no love for Blair either, or for any faction within the Labour party - indeed, for the most part, they've given up on politics altogether. Remember that the Tory vote share rose only by just over 1% compared to May's not at all impressive result in 2017, whereas Labour's fell by nearly 8%. And while Corbyn's unpopularity in the last two years has sent it into overdrive, it's part of a general trend that's been going on for a couple of decades now.

Since none of this has anything to do with anything I said, I'm assuming it's just a coincidence that your post was directly below mine.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You assume correctly. It was a response to the thing version posted, blaming it all on those dreaded Blairites.

craner

Beast of Burden
Len McCluskey wants Barry Gardiner to run because he's vexed that RLB sidelined Karie Murphy and Jennie Formby from her campaign, or something.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I read she met with JLM and takes the anti-semitism stuff seriously. First good thing I've heard about her tbh.

craner

Beast of Burden
For some reason I can't embed tweets in this thread which is a shame because otherwise I could give you easy updates on the progress of the project.