narcissist barty's techno party

sadmanbarty

a rock riff.

Then a voiceover that sounds like a maybeline advert. Some model walking fiercely through twinkling cosmopolitan nightlife in a leather jacket, smokey eye shadow and ragefull crimson lipstick.

sadmanbarty

a failed orchestral pomposity. You get successful orchestral pompisty by daseca or lex lugar and then you get this ridiculous one in uk funky and road rap. And here. The emperor’s new clothes. Like when someone trips up during a royal ceremony.

Then we’ve got the non-orchestral bit; it sounds like when George micheal tried to do the 90’s.

sadmanbarty

fucking hell, this really feels like when I first got logic. It was around the time I was getting into the 90’s end of the hardcore continuum and they had a preset that sounds just like the pad in this. Just being an insomniac in a dark room with the fey blue of the computer screen shining in my face and messing around with that pad.

I did a footwork song at the time that sampled aaliyah’s ‘it’s whatever’ and used that preset. i would say that's very embarrassing, but i can't help but think it was actually fucking wicked.

Very nostalgic

sadmanbarty

Being a tired 4 year old on a Friday night while my parents watched trigger happy tv (that had those type of synths in).

Giant squirrels taunting people in a park. A man dressed as snail sliding along the floor of a zebra crossing really slowly.

sadmanbarty

if you were 45 and slightly suburban this would sound like the peek of trendy for you. You’d think it sounds like the music they play at bars celebrities go to. a provincial and antiquated idea of chic (that by association is incredibly tacky).

Although they do have that kids shoe synth in it. One of those shows where you dump slime on people and shout bogeys.

luka

if you were 45 and slightly suburban this would sound like the peek of trendy for you. You’d think it sounds like the music they play at bars celebrities go to. a provincial and antiquated idea of chic (that by association is incredibly tacky).

Although they do have that kids shoe synth in it. One of those shows where you dump slime on people and shout bogeys.

I really want to live in this specific '90s world for an hour or two. I've been looking for the perfect mix of this kind of ambient techno for a while now but nothing has quite hit the sweet spot yet. If anyone finds something please let me know.

sadmanbarty

A heartbeat. Like a heart covered in black blood in a massive attack video or something.

I bet there’s some drug-induced, new agey thing in techno circles about ‘the pulse’; this kind of mystic reading of 4x4 drums. The om of techno fans if you wil. It’s the path to humanity unifying. Some drugged up dutch fella telling you if only you could play this track to the politicians there’d be no more wars.

Them all dancing in the cave in zion in matrix reloaded

luka

A heartbeat. Like a heart covered in black blood in a massive attack video or something.

I bet there’s some drug-induced, new agey thing in techno circles about ‘the pulse’; this kind of mystic reading of 4x4 drums. The om of techno fans if you wil. It’s the path to humanity unifying. Some drugged up dutch fella telling you if only you could play this track to the politicians there’d be no more wars.

Them all dancing in the cave in zion in matrix reloaded

Sadmanbarty

Very complex track... Genius... Try to come up with these counter rhythms... 4:32... Way way harder than it seems

4 years ago

luka

I was going through this list today blown away by how good it all is but I think it was Seawolf that stood out the most. That and one of the Infiniti ones.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I really want to live in this specific '90s world for an hour or two. I've been looking for the perfect mix of this kind of ambient techno for a while now but nothing has quite hit the sweet spot yet. If anyone finds something please let me know.

Soichi Terada with all his labels and collaborators

blissblogger

remember being underwhelmed by the first Detroit Techno comp in '88 - didn't seem as mental or deranging as the acid house stuff like Sleezy D and Phuture etc

there's no sex and hardly any drugs in Detroit Techno, but there's other things that it's got going for itself - the loneliness - a tender aching romanticism

i seem to remember really liking this Rythim is Rythm B-side (of 'Strings of Life') and comparing it to Joy Division for some reason - which i cannot hear at all now, but i can hear new order 'blue monday' maybe

and this one also B-side of 'Strings' has some raw drum processing