mvuent

Void Dweller
"there’s still bloggers . . . oddball characters who have a bunch of esoteric interests and write these little things that are sort of somewhere between an essay and an aphorism"

feel like sus and i probably fall under this umbrella

mvuent

Void Dweller
found it interesting how in a lot of these recent interviews he's sort of pushing back against the somewhat more pessimistic outlooks of his (often younger) interviewers about the current/recent State of Music

Reactions: sus

sus

found it interesting how in a lot of these recent interviews he's sort of pushing back against the somewhat more pessimistic outlooks of his (often younger) interviewers about the current/recent State of Music
Thank the Lord I've heard enough nostalgia

sus

Sometimes Kieran (who is only 5ish years younger than me) raves about glitchcore I find borderline unlistenable, and I consider this a really healthy sign tbh

Benny Bunter

Guess I'm a doomer now. But I don't feel particularly nostalgic either. Aside from very particular and rare occasions, pretty much all music is annoying to me now, even old stuff that I like. Is there a trendy name for that, or is it just normal?

I think it's a combination of getting old and out of touch (normal) AND being young enough to have my concentration span thoroughly destroyed by the smartphone over - what? - about 10 years now.

dilbert1

Aside from very particular and rare occasions, pretty much all music is annoying to me now, even old stuff that I like. Is there a trendy name for that, or is it just normal?

I think it's a combination of getting old and out of touch (normal) AND being young enough to have my concentration span thoroughly destroyed by the smartphone over - what? - about 10 years now.

How long’s it been like that? Smart phone’s shot mine too but in instances where I’ve no choice but to sit still (long drives, long train or plane ride) I can usually make it through entire albums without distraction. Just sitting down and listening to music without doing anything else is hard, lots of overthinking whether its something you’ve heard or not. Easier when putting something on for the first time, but it helps a lot when there’s intention behind it, like its something you’ve picked out and have an interest in beforehand, or it came on strong recommendation from a respected party, of you’re making a mix or a write up and are straightforwardly studying the songs. Maybe its kind of been that way for a long time since music became portable, like you’ve at least got to be doing some cooking or going for a run or reading or knitting or something. Sad to say maybe but often there’s an anxiety like I’m wasting time if I’m just staring off during.