0bleak

That I'm probably going to need to move and very soon, this just after I finally just recently started to feel comfortable and finally set here.

0bleak

nah, it's a family situation - I had kind of been considering it anyway, but not something i was going to do soon, or at least I so thought.

mvuent

Void Dweller
if you're gonna pin me down, then I would say "Reaching the Far Lands as an Aesthetic Goal" and the interview are my favorite bits.
ah, so you made it back not just to the beginning of the series, but of the whole damn blog. that's even more impressive. thanks for reading! a big part of the reason i've written this stuff is in the hope of finding a kindred spirit here and there, so it's a nice surprise when that actually happens. hope the moving situation works out for you.

mvuent

Void Dweller
Mvuent do you see playing Runescape as a teen as critical to the development of your self and worldview?
maybe. obviously at age 10 or 11 the expansiveness of its world was awe inspiring. i spent a lot of time looking at the map imagining the areas i couldn't go in. did you ever play it? i can easily imagine 5th grade suspended reason putting a month of undistracted effort into becoming level 99 in some stat. maybe fletching or herblore.

sus

maybe. obviously at age 10 or 11 the expansiveness of its world was awe inspiring. i spent a lot of time looking at the map imagining the areas i couldn't go in. did you ever play it? i can easily imagine 5th grade suspended reason putting a month of undistracted effort into becoming level 99 in some stat. maybe fletching or herblore.
Oh yes I was obsessed for at least 18 months. Late bloomer though so we're talking 7th grade. Think I had a mage/archer hybrid, reached mid-to-high 90s but not quite. I got very involved in the social aspect, joined a guild with a phlebotomist and a tyrannical megalomaniac.

luka

mvuent is comprised of non porous rock which means it takes ideas a long time to percolate and this is his response to what was being discussed on dissensus about 5 years ago. thats how impacted his strata are. an unprecedented degree of it. very unusally non porous.
Gus, being shy didnt want to advertise his new essay

sus

It's very short but very dense. It's a draft. But it is the first treatment outside Dissensus of the exquisite science. The word is getting out.

sus

What did you make of it anyway? Are there directions you'd encourage me to continue pursuing?

mvuent

Void Dweller
i should resolve to read two of the mvuent pieces a day for a week starting tuesday (that week will be Tiferes in the cycle of this Omer)
yes! could be a nice change of pace from uninvolved, lightweight reading like ashberry and spinoza.

would be curious if the description of shader bears even the faintest resemblance to your experience with the album, if you end up reading that part.

mvuent

Void Dweller
another great new dissensus blog entry. anonymous but i feel it could only have been from one particular person.

• Wow
Reactions: sus