MJ vs. Prince

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
This from the Gibson interview I posted in another thread is something I've never really thought about, but which I have noticed now that I think about it:

"Few phrases were as common throughout the 20th century as “the 21st century,” yet how often do we see “the 22nd century”? Effectively, never."

There are certain conspiracy theorists who claim the environmental collapse is indeed being sped up by us but nowhere near the level of natural climate oscillation which the world cycles through roughly every 12000 years. The theories say that religious stories of great floods are based on these times of reset where all havoc breaks loose and everything falls apart. There is (humour me) an ever so slight chance that the elites of the world know all of this and are already fully prepared. That explains Bolsonaro not giving a fuck about the Earth's lungs. But he's only in there to do the deeds of the much higher powers. He's like a Trump, a power hungry ego maniac who will do whatever he's told as long as he gets what he wants in return. And he doesn't ask questions. It's pretty simple when you think about it. Especially from. Surkovian pov. They're keeping us busy.

Last edited:

version

In year 7 documentary they made us watch a video of a little girl drown to death. A good 10 minutes of her being trapped and people trying to rescue her, realising she was a lost cause and then just letting her be submerged.

Was that one of those health and safety videos? We had to watch stuff like that and also went to some centre where they showed us how to respond to a traffic accident, why you shouldn't play around unsupervised on farms and stuff. We had to watch a video of a kid being buried alive in a grain silo, a kid being impaled on the back of a tractor and a kid drowning in some sort of slurry pit. The last one was particularly disturbing.

version

Yeah when it came out. I'd forgotten how much of it was about Islam. Really interesting stuff about Assad, Syria, Kissinger intentionally fucking it all up in the 70s and instilling nihilism in a once well meaning ruler and how that relates to what happened in Russia. The Surkov stuff is only the last 20min, but fuck me. Why are we even wondering whats going on? It's all there

This is a good read on Surkov.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v33/n20/peter-pomerantsev/putin-s-rasputin

sadmanbarty

Was that one of those health and safety videos? We had to watch stuff like that and also went to some centre where they showed us how to respond to a traffic accident, why you shouldn't play around unsupervised on farms and stuff. We had to watch a video of a kid being buried alive in a grain silo, a kid being impaled on the back of a tractor and a kid drowning in some sort of slurry pit. The last one was particularly disturbing.

It was some Peruvian mudslide. I think we just watched it because the teacher was morbid.

I bumped into him in a pub once and he bought me loads of drinks even though I was underage.

He used to call me “kitler” (a portmanteau if my name and Hitler). I was one of maybe two or three white kids in the class and he was always amazed at the jokes I got away with. At parents evening the first thing he said to my parents was “he says the most racist things and nobody minds. They all love him. I don’t know how he gets away with it.” To be honest he said it in an admiring way which was a warning sign. He also used to complain about sh fisheries which was another.

sadmanbarty

My sister saw him a few years ago (so that’s a good 5 years after I left school) and he said the same thing to her. I’d left an impression.

He also really fancied Shakira, so we’d always make him put on shakira videos.

luka

I can't imagine anyone here being passionate about Beyoncé. Lots of people on I love music are for some reason. It's an interesting comparison to make though

sadmanbarty

its a good formula for threads. it might be overkill to do more, but it does seem to strike the right balance of contentiousness; controversial enough to get people engaged but silly enough for nobody to get upset.

version

its a good formula for threads. it might be overkill to do more, but it does seem to strike the right balance of contentiousness; controversial enough to get people engaged but silly enough for nobody to get upset.

NWA vs. Public Enemy. PiL vs. Pistols. Wiley vs. Dizzee. Sly & The Family Stone vs. Funkadelic. Beefheart vs. Zappa. Beatles vs. Beach Boys. Neil Young vs. Bob Dylan.