IdleRich

IdleRich
Just randomly saw this on fb...

Christmas shopping complete, not as much fun as it used to be 😞

I really have to think about it these days as there are so many things we can’t take to France.

No more luxury food items or even the basics for Mum. We can’t even take Christmas crackers for Christmas Day anymore, classified as explosives, we go on the bloody ferry, it would be some kind of divine intervention if they exploded like a bomb!

The benefits of Brexit just keep on giving.

😞 🤬🤬🤬

This is a major part of Brexit for me, not the reduced exports and growth and jobs and so on - the big stuff that makes headlines - but the small, spiteful worsening of so many pleasures. Just loads and loads of people made a bit unhappier for no reason at all.. or so a load of thick racists can stick some illiterate message over a flag on Facebook.

mixed_biscuits

This is a major part of Brexit for me, not the reduced exports and growth and jobs and so on - the big stuff that makes headlines - but the small, spiteful worsening of so many pleasures. Just loads and loads of people made a bit unhappier for no reason at all.. or so a load of thick racists can stick some illiterate message over a flag on Facebook.
Europeans and British are mostly Caucasians, which is the same race. Literally. In that sense, the EU is a Caucasian power bloc of pure racial privilege.

mixed_biscuits

We know that your interaction with science tends to zero, seeing as you spend every working hour posting on here, but even you should know that there are about a trillion things in nature that follow a normal distribution. Calling someone Dr Bell Curve is like calling them Dr Scientifically Knowledgeable.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We know that your interaction with science tends to zero, seeing as you spend every working hour posting on here, but even you should know that there are about a trillion things in nature that follow a normal distribution. Calling someone Dr Bell Curve is like calling them Dr Scientifically Knowledgeable.
Dr Racist Eugenicist, then.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@Mr. Tea will you be conscientiously objecting to your child being IQ tested at school on the regular basis that schools do it?
I don't have a big problem with IQ test on principle, and have never said that I do. I do have a big problem with the tendency of modern education systems to make testing the entire point of schooling and performing adequately on them the entire end in itself rather than a means of merely keeping tabs on each child's progress. Which, although it sounds a lot like something you'd probably also deplore, is an unavoidable consequence of obsessing over IQ.

mixed_biscuits

I don't have a big problem with IQ test on principle, and have never said that I do. I do have a big problem with the tendency of modern education systems to make testing the entire point of schooling and performing adequately on them the entire end in itself rather than a means of merely keeping tabs on each child's progress. Which, although it sounds a lot like something you'd probably also deplore, is an unavoidable consequence of obsessing over IQ.
Practice doesn't have much of an effect on IQ test performance and well designed tests can actually improve teaching e.g. if the questions tap proper conceptual understanding as the KS2 Maths SATS do...when sub-par teachers are forced to teach to the tests but the tests are good, the teaching gets better.

version

The introduction of complex paperwork to certify all EU products of plant and animal origin entering the UK from January 31 risks fouling up the supply of a number of products, including pork and sugared liquid eggs used in cake and sauces.

A shortage of vets to sign export health certificates on the continent, the failure to fully introduce a trusted trader scheme and continued lack of clarity about the application of some rules and regulations were heightening the risk of disruptions, they added.

mixed_biscuits

The introduction of complex paperwork to certify all EU products of plant and animal origin entering the UK from January 31 risks fouling up the supply of a number of products, including pork and sugared liquid eggs used in cake and sauces.

A shortage of vets to sign export health certificates on the continent, the failure to fully introduce a trusted trader scheme and continued lack of clarity about the application of some rules and regulations were heightening the risk of disruptions, they added.

'Don't get a divorce because you'll lose economies of scale'

mixed_biscuits

Remainers whinging about a bit of extra paperwork while entire countries in the Eurozone are being brought to their knees by mass farmers strikes motivated by inflexible EU directives. Surely if these invariably monoglot remainers were in any way as cosmopolitan as they pretend they would be aware of the great discrepancy in crippling farmers strikes between those countries and the UK and perhaps dial down their misplaced idealism for a few moments.

Not only that, but have you noticed how polarised politics is getting in the Eurozone compared to the UK, precisely because the unwieldy size of the EU administration makes it slow and clumsy in responding to specific national needs, creating a political lack which is then filled by populists saying they will respond to those needs.