Status
Not open for further replies.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i've seen several graphs the last few days of the number of deaths, comparing italy to other european countries to see if they are following the same trend. does anyone know where those graphs can be found?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
that's exactly what i'm looking for but with confirmed deaths. as i don't think testing is being done in the right way and on the right scale in various countries. thanks anyway!

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Chicago update: first time I've been downtown since Friday. not quite a ghost town, probably about 10% of the people you'd expect on a normal weekday. still way too many non-essential business open, people out, etc.

I would be very surprised if we're not in a San Francisco-style "shelter in place" lockdown by sometime next week (which tbh, still seems to define too many things as "essential" to me, but I'm not an expert)

I made a PSA post in my work's FB group, a version of which I'm going to put up later tonight in my regular FB, just going over the obvious and trying to get people mentally prepared for what's coming

people here have finally in the last grapsed the seriousness of the situation but I still think many people haven't grasped its scope in likely length/severity

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
tbh, i don't see what's wrong with meeting people on the street? if you don't touch or hug it's not that much of a problem to have a walk with someone is it? or would you guys say better to refrain from that as well?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Spare a thought for Jared Leto...

Wow. 12 days ago I began a silent meditation in the desert. We were totally isolated. No phone, no communication etc. We had no idea what was happening outside the facility.
The moral of that story seems to be "don't go on stupid fucking hippy bollocks retreat things".

version

tbh, i don't see what's wrong with meeting people on the street? if you don't touch or hug it's not that much of a problem to have a walk with someone is it? or would you guys say better to refrain from that as well?

It's airborne and you can get it through your eyeballs.

version

Spare a thought for Jared Leto...

The moral of that story seems to be "don't go on stupid fucking hippy bollocks retreat things".

They had to tell the people in the Big Brother house in Brazil the other day. They had no idea.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Chicago update: first time I've been downtown since Friday. not quite a ghost town, probably about 10% of the people you'd expect on a normal weekday. still way too many non-essential business open, people out, etc.

I would be very surprised if we're not in a San Francisco-style "shelter in place" lockdown by sometime next week (which tbh, still seems to define too many things as "essential" to me, but I'm not an expert)

I made a PSA post in my work's FB group, a version of which I'm going to put up later tonight in my regular FB, just going over the obvious and trying to get people mentally prepared for what's coming

people here have finally in the last grapsed the seriousness of the situation but I still think many people haven't grasped its scope in likely length/severity

will you post it here too?

IdleRich

IdleRich
President De Sousa gonna make a statement tomorrow... most people are guessing that total lockdown is coming.

droid

The problem is other people. We've been bringing the kids out for walks in the country and there's a ton of people still congregating in groups and not taking it seriously. We had to ask one family to move away from a stile today to climb over as they were standing around it having a chat to everyone who went past.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Surprised - to say the least - that they are going ahead with the primaries. Is it Ohio that has been ordered not to by the health adviser and is taking him to court to re-open? Seems crazy.

droid

Dems are so desperate to get Biden through while the fix is in that they are willing to kill a significant number of their voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.