Status
Not open for further replies.

comelately

Wild Horses
One for Padraig and comelately. Don't let them beat you boys.

My girlfriend's sister's ex-boyfriend has left behind a box of plates which are presumably a dumbbell kit. Will have it in my hands soon enough.

My normal gym is 'closed' but it may actually be closed at some point.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I would absolutely love to pretend that the lockdown is going to massively impinge on my fitness routine but the sad truth is that I haven't been to the gym once since the baby was born back in November and had recently cancelled my membership anyway.

Dad-bod ahoy!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gangs in the Rio de Janeiro favelas have enforced a lockdown from 8pm tonight. The statement reads: "If the government won't do the right thing, organised crime will" <a href="https://t.co/dK0wtAR3KA">pic.twitter.com/dK0wtAR3KA</a></p>— Andrew Cesare (@AndrewCesare) <a href="">March 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IdleRich

IdleRich
One of the guys who used to play football in the same team as me in the UK is a Newcastle fan, that may not be possible for him...

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Pro Publica doesn't really do click-bait titles, but in this case it would be justified

something like: why flattening the curve is important in one terrifying image

just how overloaded American hospitals would be based on best to worst case scenarios over the next 6 to 18 months

they even have a neat feature where it fills in the blanks based on your location: how many hospital beds per capita, % of population that's elderly, etc

so you can really get a hold on just how fucked your particular region could get

padraig (u.s.)

another thing I've learned from all this is how granular pandemics turn out to be

I guess I always unconsciously envisioned them as a tidal wave sweeping over everything. it's right there in the name - literally, "all people"

obviously that is completely inaccurate. it just surprised me because I'd never had reason to really think about it.

padraig (u.s.)

people won't not be treated because they can't pay for it, I don't think. we're past that.

people will not be treated, but it will be for other reasons.

and poor people will certainly die in proportionally greater numbers because they have a harder time getting treatment, but that's hardly a new development.

padraig (u.s.)

who knows, maybe after all this we'll wind up inaugurating Andrew Cuomo as king for life and he'll usher in the the Global Erotic City

padraig (u.s.)

I'd completely forgotten that Cynthia Nixon aka Miranda Hobbes ran against him - an incumbent - in the last primary and got a third of the vote

what a time to be alive (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.