Edmund and Luka's Poetry Request Corner

kumar

these are all wicked in a more just world you would be lavishly paid to spend all day holding forth at various european courts of nobility

woops

is not like other people
i'm gonna take over as a surrogate luka here... i'm not ashamed to say that i started writing (prose, few years before poetry) after happening to read a self-help book called The Artist's Way - it's famous. One of the tips in there is to make a little picture of the Critic. This could be a teacher or parent or, let's say, artist you feel you can't measure up to, or whatever. Draw a big cross through this Critic and stick it up next to where you work.

Top tip.

(Even if it sounds corny)

It also recommends writing three pages a day longhand which is how I got started and how I ended up writing my novel and etc. This is such a good habit, I've been getting back into it during quarantine, I find it also helps with my mental health about which etc.

Writing is a mysterious thing that helps you interrogate yourself and your limits. So I'd say abandon the cringe when you write your poems or your bit of prose or whatever. As it says in the book, just write, even if you're writing "I have nothing to write about". You're only limiting yourself by judging stuff too corny. So what? You can always cut it out later. Just write. As I've also said many times about the job, you can't be scared to write a bad one. Anyway, this is my approach, I'm glad I took it

I'm gonna make one of those critic signs this afternoon in fact, haven't had one since last house move

Good advice woops. I know about that book. Morning writing is another one, straight out of dream world and at my most optimistic.

Draw a big cross through this Critic and stick it up next to where you work.

has anyone got a picture of luka's face need it for something in the house

woops

is not like other people
Dissensus: a poem

Sprawling archive mind-like seed
planted sprouts to stupidity
colossal columns of music thought miscellaneous
music conceived in a continuum. punks
and dads. days spent
stacking post. filing system freakout.
the endless agenda. where is delete.
public spaceship sending
messages back to reference reckless
amounts of information music
that started playing powering the bulletin
backwards to beginning. the cast
expands to ultra complexity.
each is art. nature. beasts of burden,
carrying the can, constructing walls
around the area, agreeing on everything
almost all the time, spiralling back
around a central subject. who's online.
my messages are me.

catalog

Pretty long lunch break he's taking but more power. You wanna be doing a good 4 hour lunch nowadays why the fuck not

woops

is not like other people
i don't know he will never tell me where he's been or what he's done when he gets back. just hunkers down to more poetry.

luka

I can't waste this valuable opportunity to change my life by sitting in a sweaty heap in front of the computer all day that would be unconsciable

woops

is not like other people
christ luke, 5 requests in one day, we do better when we charge

roll up you lot, you've got 2 gifted poets writing to your specifications gratis