Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
4hcqgaos16151.jpg
What nonsense. The Third Policeman is a stone-cold classic!

sufi

lala
quite a good dissection of the collapse of this food channel, which despite despising foodyism as utterly bourgeouis i have actually watched (I liked seeing Claire make creme eggs by hand, i'm ashamed to admit, and would have been ashamed even before this video shows her face every time they mention the word "complicit")
good on how public personae are inevitably projections, and how a toxic environment like conde nast means that cancellation of individuals may fail to address the wider causes, vaguely interesting on how yt is being taken over by these corporates. and of course good to see foodyism getting a kicking.

sus

quite a good dissection of the collapse of this food channel, which despite despising foodyism as utterly bourgeouis i have actually watched (I liked seeing Claire make creme eggs by hand, i'm ashamed to admit, and would have been ashamed even before this video shows her face every time they mention the word "complicit")
good on how public personae are inevitably projections, and how a toxic environment like conde nast means that cancellation of individuals may fail to address the wider causes, vaguely interesting on how yt is being taken over by these corporates. and of course good to see foodyism getting a kicking.

Incredibly important video. Reveals many of the world's secrets. The people's desires bared

sufi

lala
gratifyingly the same website that led me to the artisanal junk sweeties films led me to that one too,
may the circle be unbroken

Last edited:

luka

i wouldn't beleive it in any workplace let alone from an IT support worker in Huddersfield

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Even if that is a fabricated post - thats the kind of outlying extremity that could arise, no? The meetings I've overheard are obviously nowhere near that intense, but perhaps a certain business is choosing to chug the koolaid to get hulk-woke. That is, while this is hardly representative of the average re-educative approach taken by businesses, it is certainly representative of the upper-bound of the distribution along the spectrum of intensity of said approaches. Within the realm of possibilities, that is. Or at the high tail of a bell curve - not nearly as thick/common as the middle?

And, don't know if I'm alone here, but I've felt those kind of sentiments ("I am intrinsically oppressive" "Every thought I have realizes colonial/imperial/oppressive circumstances" etc) to such extremities, and it is rather intoxicating (people here have mentioned the self-flagellating nature of it, some residual high from puritanism). And again, to be clear, I could still make the case that this is all worth it, should it directly or indirectly result in some kind of economic/material reparations - but honestly, I know nothing about the stats, math or dynamics there.

That said, I refuse to believe I was ever indoctrinated or pilled, because I think that amounts to barring yourself from relating to previous iterations of yourself. That is, if you undergo some kind of ideological hairpin turn, the inclination is to attribute the "wrongness" of your previous direction to illusion/delusion. I think that is dangerous.

I might argue (and on this I'd love feedback) that one needs to "pass through" such extremities, as if walking through the fire, in order to come to terms with it. Probably serving a strikingly similar function to devout repentance, etc, in that it entails severe psychic self-reprimanding - but how can it be executed such that it doesn't stretch on forever, or turn people in vampires?

luka

no, i agree, it is possible. but vim is a notrious far-right agitator so take what he says with a pinch of salt.

woops

is not like other people
that meeting intro is exactly like alcoholics anonymous, we are gathered here today because our racism is out of our control