Resistance is Futile.

i wrote a brilliant poem about it. i sent it to someone who happened to be having a psychotic episode as they read it and they said it completely encapsulated what they were going through and made things much worse and scarier. i was really happy about that. i felt a rubicon had been crossed in human development.

I burst out laughing at this

entertainment

i didnt follow this but it sounds like its maybe interesting. like a battle call. what does it mean?

Well we form our identities in negotiation with the public space we inhabit. Online, this is done very explicit, there's only a limited number of parametres to your character. It's flat, it's an avatar, manufactured. The posts we post are not our literal thoughts and emotions. They can be representations of them but they have all gone through the cerebrial filter. Online self is detached from any real humanity. It's artifice, representation.

But offline, our selves is human and fluid. We enact ourselves privately in our own head and that becomes part of who we are. All the experiences we have and emotions we feel, they're all captured as they are, not as how they've been externalized consciously.

They’re not strangers, they’re friends that don’t like hugging obv. Especially emotionally repressed hard men.

luka

Well we form our identities in negotiation with the public space we inhabit. Online, this is done very explicit, there's only a limited number of parametres to your character. It's flat, it's an avatar, manufactured. The posts we post are not our literal thoughts and emotions. They can be representations of them but they have all gone through the cerebrial filter. Online self is detached from any real humanity. It's artifice, representation.

But offline, our selves is human and fluid. We enact ourselves privately in our own head and that becomes part of who we are. All the experiences we have and emotions we feel, they're all captured as they are, not as how they've been externalized consciously.

i dont want to agree with this. even without reading it properly i just feel something insdie of me wanting to kick out at it.

luka

you just remindned me of what i was thinking while i was having a shit this morning

entertainment

maybe it shouldn't be a hard border, but there are very real differences that have very real effects on psyche

like those pathological instagram girls who need constant social validation. something's gone awry there and it has to do with internet and self, but maybe the theory could use some work