The Weather.

shakahislop

i replace a lot of ts with ds now though because genuinely no one could fucking understand me here for a long time. wadder. godda. pardy. go do.

shakahislop

also really appreciate being able to say 'don't know nothing' 'don't do nothing' which is how people talking growing up, but i guess i gradually stopped doing it coz it's not 'correct'. its contagious, people say it and i emulate it, strange how that works

sus

i don't know what that's from but i did used to live in a house like that, didn't have many mates when i lived there but we did do exactly this a couple of times when i got some. one thing i'm still not about is how acceptable it is to sit on someone else's stoop. my friend from maspeth insists that its totally fine and to be fair i had no problem with it when i came home and there were random people sat on my one, but i'm still not sure. @suspended and @linebaugh will probably come in and tell me that i have to tip, i am still paying the barista tax that they've imposed on me through shame.

such a realistic brooklyn picture that. of the gentrified parts obviously. that's exactly what people in greenpoint look like now, same clothes and haircuts. nice glasses. everyone basically fine and content. little dogs. nice glassware. bit of lemon in the g&t.
Are you going to hang out with me and Mvuent and Linebaugh when they fly into town or are you gonna send vague messages about how busy you are and no-show

sus

He thinks he's too good for us. He doesn't realize that Pauline Kael is flying in to have drinks with Susan Sontag and he got invited and he's turning it down. For the rest of his life he will rue his absence, and he will pretend to his grandkiddies he was there, but when they press him for details his face will be hot with shame, and he will wave them off—"It was years ago, I can't recall..."

Leo

i don't know what that's from but i did used to live in a house like that, didn't have many mates when i lived there but we did do exactly this a couple of times when i got some. one thing i'm still not about is how acceptable it is to sit on someone else's stoop. my friend from maspeth insists that its totally fine and to be fair i had no problem with it when i came home and there were random people sat on my one, but i'm still not sure. @suspended and @linebaugh will probably come in and tell me that i have to tip, i am still paying the barista tax that they've imposed on me through shame.

it's generally not cool to sit on someone else's stoop, the group should include at least one person who lives in the building. obviously it is done, depending on where you're located, though. like if you're next door to a bar and people come out to smoke, or if you live near a school or something, some might sit on your stoop.

such a realistic brooklyn picture that. of the gentrified parts obviously. that's exactly what people in greenpoint look like now, same clothes and haircuts. nice glasses. everyone basically fine and content. little dogs. nice glassware. bit of lemon in the g&t.

it's Fort Greene, from 10 years ago. And, of course, from The NY Times. An article about how it's not legal to drink alcohol on a stoop, not tha that stops anyone.

Leo

@shakahislop did you see the thunder and lightening tonight (Thurs) at around 9:15 pm? Thunder and lightening in January, WTF? The world has gone insane, Mother Nature hates us.

shakahislop

@shakahislop did you see the thunder and lightening tonight (Thurs) at around 9:15 pm? Thunder and lightening in January, WTF? The world has gone insane, Mother Nature hates us.
I did not see that Leo, I was at angelika. I did walk around in the rain for about an hour tonight picking up edibles and biscuits. It was pretty gross, just pissed it down all day. on the plus side it always looks nice, all the neon and the LED car lights reflecting off everything. probably goes without saying but a rainy thursday night has such a different vibe to a sunny one, or a cold one, etc etc. this kind of collective alteration of mood and possibilities.

Reactions: Leo

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I did not see that Leo, I was at angelika. I did walk around in the rain for about an hour tonight picking up edibles and biscuits. It was pretty gross, just pissed it down all day. on the plus side it always looks nice, all the neon and the LED car lights reflecting off everything. probably goes without saying but a rainy thursday night has such a different vibe to a sunny one, or a cold one, etc etc. this kind of collective alteration of mood and possibilities.
Angelika, the theater? I've seen The Lighthouse there, and I believe The Square.

shakahislop

Angelika, the theater? I've seen The Lighthouse there, and I believe The Square.
yeah. there's a couple of them downtown. nothing special, just a standard slightly falling apart cinema. growing up i only ever went to the big chain ones coz that's all there was, obviously there's something about the old less chain-y ones that's nice. the rooms are all totally different sizes from one another for some reason. its slightly falling apart and stinks of popcorn. its cool. americans do going to the cinema really well i think. lots of performative laughing and drunk people chatting. i don't think i should be allowed to choose what film to watch ever again, we saw tar, it would probably have been better to have been standing outside in the rain

shakahislop

what are your edibles of choice, @shakahislop? I've never tried them, curious.
i just get dragged to these places by friends. i don't know, the brands don't seem to be very standardised anyway, there always seems to be a lot of conversation about what the shop has in that day and what this particular brand of gummies is like etc. a lot of variable pricing, discounts if you bargain or if they know you, getting ripped off if you don't seem like you know what you're doing. really doesn't seem like a few brands have taken over and consolidated. i had one 25mg one after a few years of abstinence and it knocked my socks off, came on too strong, wasn't prepared for it, was still high in the morning.

Leo

yeah, that's part of the reason I haven't looked into it. is it similar to a weed high?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Take half, relax, no-one is going to burst into your home with guns... but the Deep State might so stay peephole-ing, maintain your weapons and remember - it’s a race not a marathon

shakahislop

yeah, that's part of the reason I haven't looked into it. is it similar to a weed high?
yeah. exactly the same really. just with that usual thing with any time you eat weed, it's a bit easier to go overboard because it takes more time to kick in.

pretty interesting living in a world where its so accessible though. still can't quite get over that you just go to the shop and they sell you some brightly coloured sweets, and that's how you get high.

Leo

yeah. exactly the same really. just with that usual thing with any time you eat weed, it's a bit easier to go overboard because it takes more time to kick in.

pretty interesting living in a world where its so accessible though. still can't quite get over that you just go to the shop and they sell you some brightly coloured sweets, and that's how you get high.

yeah. hopefully it's not made in a grimy basement (or wet market) in China.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Whereas the other... I'm thinking kind of like one of those rubbish dumps with an enormous pile of tyres that's been burning for twenty seven years and the fire service have just totally given up on it. Except here it won't be tyres, it will be mountains and mountains of bestial filth constantly pouring a diseased black smoke into the nightmarish sky. Poisoned silver streams criss-cross the twisted and deformed landscape and - eking out an existence somehow - the people who cling to life there are a race of sickly troglodytes who walk around openly masturbating while dodging the monstrous Cheryl Cole that stomps around screeching and rubbing her knockers suggestively.

Er, no offence intended obviously.
corpsey.jpeg