The Weather.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
it's terrible yes. i spend a lot of time doing my hair yesterday, went out for 15 minutes and turned into a scarecrow. i hate the wind, with the only exception being the wind coming from the south.

luka

i don't think i've really felt so disturbed by wind before. this one feel particualry fractious and gusty and chaotic. impossible to feel settled when the air is unsettled. impossible to feel balanced when the air is unbalanced. it's not even a stable counter-force. a push you can oppose or submit to.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
that's what they tell you yes but think about it. wind is movement of air. wind turbines generate energy based on this movement so there must be less movement of air afterwards. the wind will disappear is what i think.

luka

it's not a wholesome cleansing wind making way for something new. it's a wind of ill-omen, perturbation, discord.

luka

it's the same ill wind of discord blowing in London, New York and in Berlin.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
wind dies down after sunset, as if it's just a daytime battle.
this is true. how come so? i remember days at the beach and the weather being hot enough but still having too much wind around. come evening and the wind dies, turning the sea in a beautifully serene and sparkling mirror.

Leo

something to do with contrasts in the temperatures of the earth and air. more contrast during the day, so more wind. as the surface of the earth cools after sunset, there's less contrast and less wind.

luka

through that whole blissful period at the start of lockdown i refused to look at a forecast. i felt it would break the spell.

catalog

re turbines: are they all deliberately pointing in slightly different directions? and why are some not spinning even though its very windy?

luka

Human biometeorology is quite an old science: during the times of Hippokrates in ancient Greece the influence of weather changes on physiological processes in the human body were considered to exist. However, not until the progress in modern statistics, physics and physiology in the course of this century provided quantitative methods did human-biometeorology become an acknowledged natural science. In the first half of this century primarily the explanation of the phenomena of reactions of the body to weather changes was the general objective. In the second half of this century quantitative descriptions of thermal interchanges between the human body and the environment by means of energy balance models of the human body have gained increasing importance. The methods of modern human biometeorology increasingly are acknowledged by workers in disciplines of potential application, such as urban or regional planners or air conditioning engineers. Human biometeorology tries to assess all atmospheric influences in its entirety, including the air pollution pattern. The discipline considers itself as branch of science which is tied closely to environmental meteorology and environmental medicine.

version

i don't think i've really felt so disturbed by wind before. this one feel particualry fractious and gusty and chaotic. impossible to feel settled when the air is unsettled. impossible to feel balanced when the air is unbalanced. it's not even a stable counter-force. a push you can oppose or submit to.

wind-eze-gel-caps-125mg-pack-of-20-p3601-2856_medium.jpg

version

that's what they tell you yes but think about it. wind is movement of air. wind turbines generate energy based on this movement so there must be less movement of air afterwards. the wind will disappear is what i think.
Tea's going to love this.