The Weather.

Benny Bunter

I'm actually starting to look forward to my first visit to England in 4 years coming up soon, I was fucking dreading it till now

version

It's half one in the morning, 32 degrees and I'm up for for work at 6.30.

tumblr_oon9m1oeKk1s9a9yjo1_400.gif

Benny Bunter

47 in our street now, just been out out and I could feel my skin sizzling within 30 seconds of being exposed to it, quite alarming.

Gonna have to start dressing like Lawrence of Arabia

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Most people here are quite terrified now that we're all gonna die soon, no one's ever seen anything like it and that's saying something for southern spain

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've numbed myself against it by drinking cold beers today but it's not nice. I had a record three hour siesta yesterday so I'm gonna try for a repeat of that, all you can do is take refuge and accept you're probably not gonna get any sleep at night

My new discovery is freezing a big plastic bottle of water and rolling it up and down my body when I get in the house. Aaaah
Made "cold water bottles" like that for the cat when it was 44 a few years back... in the end just put him in the fridge.

Leo

97, with a real-feel of 107. @shakahislop, is this what it's like in Kabul?

thankfully the last day of the two-week heat wave, low 80s by later in the week and high 70s early next week.

shakahislop

97, with a real-feel of 107. @shakahislop, is this what it's like in Kabul?

thankfully the last day of the two-week heat wave, low 80s by later in the week and high 70s early next week.

nah, kabul is surprisingly cold. super dry air, outrageously dry, dryer than england by a million miles, nothing like the nyc summer. it gets up to 35ish in the summer but its more bearable than nyc. and then in the winter its properly cold and it snows, although not quite as cold as NYC. you'll know all about it when you go on holiday there

Leo

nah, kabul is surprisingly cold. super dry air, outrageously dry, dryer than england by a million miles, nothing like the nyc summer. it gets up to 35ish in the summer but its more bearable than nyc. and then in the winter its properly cold and it snows, although not quite as cold as NYC. you'll know all about it when you go on holiday there

I'm still waiting for your Kabul top tips guide before I book anything. But at least now I know the winter's aren't too bad.