Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth?

Crunchy or Smooth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IdleRich

IdleRich
Peanut butter has to be crunchy, put on top of loads of butter and normally I put Tabasco sauce on top.
What about the marmite peanut butter thing? Don't think you can buy it here but every time someone comes from UK its the first thing I ask them to bring.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 0

vimothy

yurp
my brother lives in america and his family eat peanut butter by the bucket load. except, it's not exactly peanut butter. the american version is a weird substance that ought to be the same but somehow isn't. very off-putting.

luka

Yes. It makes it ten times nicer. A thousand times. You absolutely have to have butter underneath. It's mandatory.

sus

my brother lives in america and his family eat peanut butter by the bucket load. except, it's not exactly peanut butter. the american version is a weird substance that ought to be the same but somehow isn't. very off-putting.

Wait what

sus

what about with jam, like a PB&J, do you guys do that? if you guys don't have PB&Js, then I've been sold a pack of lies about "globalization" and "monoculture"

luka

Padraig was talking about the America version being mixed with motor oil and corn syrup

sus

American peanut butter is already so smooth and sweet and buttery, you could eat it off a spoon, maybe that explains the difference

sus

that's the one that tastes like a chemical spill?

I'll have to pack some PB&Js in paper napkins this weekend before I board my flight for Londy to see Luka... Luka do you prefer raspberry, apricot, or boysenberry jam? I've been told you may call these products "conserves."

luka

I like blackcurrant I think. And I like raspberry. We usually call them jam. Conserve might be a French term?

luka

Marmite seems to be a taste that is too conplex and sophisticated for non-UK types

My mum bought me a tub of marmite mixed with peanut butter. I liked it. It's basically just an insanely salty peanut butter isn't it.