The Fratellis

craner

Beast of Burden
Luke and I have a friend who was mates with Johnny Borrell and lived in his flat for a while. She used to get defensive when we called him a twat.

craner

Beast of Burden
Probably unlikely, but it would be a bit unnerving to meet someone like that and come away thinking, "he was alright, actually."

craner

Beast of Burden
She definitely wasn't trying to impress us. We were the only non-Shoreditch/Hampstead Set friends she had. We were the sumbags she'd come back to when she had no other choice.

craner

Beast of Burden
This kind of stuff was a blight on my 20s. I once lived with an idiot who would come home drunk at 3am and turn on The Futureheads 'Hounds of Love' at top volume, replaying it until he passed out.

IdleRich

IdleRich
What is a toploader? When I was a kid I used to have this toy, it was the absolute bollocks, I loved it.

So that was Big Loader, when I hear the word Toploader it definitely reminds me of that. Especially cos sometimes the lorry loaded from the top - but I don't think the band are named as a variant of big Loader..... so what does the name mean? What is a loader in general, why top, bottom or any other type of it?
You may say "What's in a name?" but I don't agree. Some young lads and lasses get together and they know they are going to make it, they are not like all the other foolish hopefuls churning out identikit dreck in every other studio up and down the land - indeed, the world. They feel destiny sitting on their shoulders, fate dragging them forwards, in such a scenario you need a great name to go with your world changing sounds. A band that can't be bothered to come up with a good name is a band that can't be bothered. And Topfuckingloader is a perfect example of that. I guess it's probably something really cool and underground about guns or joints or whatever but I've just spent more time thinking about them than probably anyone ever has before and to get back into cosmic harmony I must stop and never think of them again.

luka

it gets used to people who top load the spliff so that as roller they get to spark it and then consume the most weed
before passing it. dunno what it orginally meant though