sus

I was just thinking about Napoleon and it made me think, maybe we pay too much attention to our national differences here, us Anglos, and not enough to our shared cultural strengths and values, like how we are two of the three (Germany?) countries in the world to see through France's cultural pretensions

sus

Have you seen those tanktops that say "Back to back world war champs" that's us, together, we did it—"co-champs"

sus

Those continentals, jeez, someone holds a big conference in '45 and announces "man is free" everyone freaks out like he's jesus, the guy was an addict, a total addict, his tongue was black, he slept with hookers, he wasn't even a doctor!

sus

I might believe they know how to make love better than us, but these things are tradeoffs... culture is "a package deal"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Those continentals, jeez, someone holds a big conference in '45 and announces "man is free" everyone freaks out like he's jesus, the guy was an addict, a total addict, his tongue was black, he slept with hookers, he wasn't even a doctor!
Who was that? I'll see if I can find a cartoon about him.

woops

is not like other people
godard is swiss.

did you knew? the word "louche" is french for "squint", from the latin "luctus", meaning blind in one eye. so sartre is the etymological dictionary definition of a louche character.

jenks

thread death
I like the fact that the French have traded in things we think are essential - proper drains, electricity that doesn’t cut out if you put two things on at the same time, hygiene in general - for decent food, cheap wine and championing culture unironically. (Yes, that’s a broad brush - we could raise problems with anti-semitism, the banlieus, corruption etc etc)