yr best most summery summer jams

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty

Conjures a weekend long block party with a hydrant cracked open and grill smoke in the air.

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
80s expat British blue eyed blues singer plays random bar gigs in our favorite summer place, Belgium, with random local musicians

including, apparently, a massive Gilmour/Steve Hillage fan who induces him to record killer jazz Balearic jam with copious wild glissando soloing

you gaze down at the ruins of Pompeii and contemplate the transitory nature of all things

in the middle distance, a perfect red-orange setting sun imbued with all the promise of a perfect summer night

padraig (u.s.)

summer when the wave washes over you, inundates you, floods ever pore and then recedes, taking with it all your regrets

for a brief moment when you're underwater you are free of future and past, of worries and dreams alike

that moment in which you exist only in a perfect void of eternal now, here stretched out a thousandfold until becomes a warm protean embrace

sous les pavés, la plage. sous la plage, soi-même.

padraig (u.s.)

jesus yall I'm disappointed in this lackluster turnout

it's just me and the young Americans - and gus and Linebacker I do appreciate yr contributions - and @pattycakes_ I do see u too boss

but I guess that makes sense cos English ppl don't really have summer, just cucumber sandwiches, croquet + cardigans (the famous 3 C's of Englishness)

(yall I am also changing @Linebaugh's nickname to Linebacker, it is x100 cooler than Limburger srsly c'mon now)

padraig (u.s.)

1967 Summer of Love Eternal

BJM is really just an inferior American Spacemen 3 (3 chords good 2 chords better 1 chord best) but probably a better summer band

they both want to get hiiiigh but SM3 is too heroin gospel squalling noise icy, where BJM is warm lysergic gentle pulse

one hot July night on an L.A. rooftop u dropped acid and made love to a beautiful girl (boy, etc, whatever) and imagined yrself melting into the asphalt

• Love
Reactions: sus

padraig (u.s.)

fourth of july evening
a bald eagle soars majestically over purple mountain majesty, eating Mom's apple as it hits a grandslam to win the World Series

"I'm going to Disney World!" the jubilant eagle shouts, gently sobbing tears of joy that are also American flags

or as the great Prince Rodgers Nelson once said, "This is What it's Like when Bald Eagles Cry"

linebaugh

a bald eagle soars majestically over purple mountain majesty, eating Mom's apple as it hits a grandslam to win the World Series

"I'm going to Disney World!" the jubilant eagle shouts, gently sobbing tears of joy that are also American flags

or as the great Prince Rodgers Nelson once said, "This is What it's Like when Bald Eagles Cry"
by a japanese band with a french name no less. The american melting pot realized. god bless this land.

padraig (u.s.)

by a japanese band with a french name no less. The american melting pot realized. god bless this land.
nothing says AMERICA FUCK YEAH like Japanese Red Army members doing the Velvet Underground but if everything was 50% more Metal Machine Music

padraig (u.s.)

I bet u Ben Franklin would dig them, he was into French stuff

not Jefferson tho, not enough underage women of color to creep out over. he'd be more of a Shonen Knife/Babymetal dude.

(any excuse to make a joke about Jefferson being the fucking worst)

linebaugh

Ill knock out some all time classics

a buddy called this song 'the dolphin dance.'

late summer sentimentality, a contemplative glance back at experiences had, a tear shed for the self you are leaving behind

could be any number of james browns songs, but this one highlights his signature squeals, how we all felt when the bell rang and dismissed the years final school day

padraig (u.s.)

there's also a non-zero chance this thread will become/already is just a platform for me to shoehorn whatever I want into an amorphous concept of "summer"

mid-summer, you and Bryan Ferry are hanging out on Sting's yacht in the Gulf of Trieste, eating canapes and contemplating the Dalmatian coast

Bryan Ferry turns and says "Have I ever told you how "Mother of Pearl came about"?. "No", you respond, intrigued.

"It was the summer of '72. Amanda Lear and I were staying at Dali's estate in Catalonia. I remember how ripe the olives were..."

in the distant, descending dusk a lonely dog howls longingly

#yachtfascism

padraig (u.s.)

alrite this one I obv don't need to write a note for, but I will I guess

I mean it's pretty hard too "schoooool's ouuuuut for-ever! schoooool's been blown to pieces!" damn Alice Cooper

do you kids like learning well guess what go fuck yourselves cos we fucking blew up your stupid school

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm going to be a total self-spamming dick and drop this hear, because it's pretty bloody summery.

Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
there's also a non-zero chance this thread will become/already is just a platform for me to shoehorn whatever I want into an amorphous concept of "summer"

mid-summer, you and Bryan Ferry are hanging out on Sting's yacht in the Gulf of Trieste, eating canapes and contemplating the Dalmatian coast

Bryan Ferry turns and says "Have I ever told you how "Mother of Pearl came about"?. "No", you respond, intrigued.

"It was the summer of '72. Amanda Lear and I were staying at Dali's estate in Catalonia. I remember how ripe the olives were..."

in the distant, descending dusk a lonely dog howls longingly
One of the all-time great Roxy tracks. The first, main part of the song is nice enough, but then in the last couple of minutes it just turns into this, I don't even know what - mini-opera or something? It's just so totally over-the-top, of an equal magnitude to Queen but in a totally orthogonal direction.

padraig (u.s.)

One of the all-time great Roxy tracks. The first, main part of the song is nice enough, but then in the last couple of minutes it just turns into this, I don't even know what - mini-opera or something? It's just so totally over-the-top, of an equal magnitude to Queen but in a totally orthogonal direction.
also reminiscent of Brian Wilson's Beach Boys pocket symphonies, which I'd guess influenced Ferry

and various Beatles things ofc

it's kind of an open secret that post-Eno Roxy is just as good if not better than Eno Roxy (even tho Eno's art rock is the only good Eno thing really)

about 2 absolute killer tracks per LP, the rest is eh, is basically every Roxy album

linebaugh

alrite this one I obv don't need to write a note for, but I will I guess

I mean it's pretty hard too "schoooool's ouuuuut for-ever! schoooool's been blown to pieces!" damn Alice Cooper

do you kids like learning well guess what go fuck yourselves cos we fucking blew up your stupid school
I was surprised to learn Alice Cooper was once upon a time a band firmly in the frenetic, scatter shot late 60's UK tradition (early pink floyd, soft machine). Pretties For You is great

padraig (u.s.)

I was surprised to learn Alice Cooper was once upon a time a band firmly in the frenetic, scatter shot late 60's UK tradition (early pink floyd, soft machine). Pretties For You is great
oh yeah he was one of those older guys - like not a teenybopper - who hooked onto glam as kind of a second attempt to make it big

see also Mott the Hoople and there are some other famous examples I can't recall rn