Emasculation of the Western Man

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I recently lost the keys to the house right off the key ring. I wasnt messing with them either. I reach into my pocket to open the door and the keys had somehow found their way off the contraption that it would take 5 minutes of toiling to undo if I was being intentional about it. divine intervention.

Has this been emasculating for you? You mention past relationships and a “talk” with your wife. What if a talk became the talk? Just tenderising

Worked with addicts who’ve been both excellent thieves and stroked out, all had subsequent issues with memory. One pointer was avoid using a wallet, trousers have pockets for a reason. Losing things would be more telling if it was in a dream

You shared a health scare a while back, might be worth double checking with whoever you’ve liaised with previously to see if they’d be open to a set of cognition tests. It doesn’t present in your information relaying here, if that helps and it may provide clarity/transparency

Reactions: sus

linebaugh

Has this been emasculating for you? You mention past relationships and a “talk” with your wife. What if a talk became the talk? Just tenderising

Worked with addicts who’ve been both excellent thieves and stroked out, all had subsequent issues with memory. One pointer was avoid using a wallet, trousers have pockets for a reason. Losing things would be more telling if it was in a dream

You shared a health scare a while back, might be worth double checking with whoever you’ve liaised with previously to see if they’d be open to a set of cognition tests. It doesn’t present in your information relaying here, if that helps and it may provide clarity/transparency
my wife has actually been spending alot of time on reddit and has diagnosed me with 'severe ADHD' so shes not as upset anymore

linebaugh

and it is emasculating. doing the perfunctory frantic search in all my pockets for an ID I know is not there to prove to some man behind a counter I am who I am when I should be in a loin cloth ripping his head off for the last bit of antelope meat

version

The stan/fandom/celebrity culture all over social media seems to be predominantly driven by girls and women. You don't get as many blokes mobbing 'influencers', musicians, or whoever, over old tweets.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The internet might have accelerated something that was already happening, but I don't think it caused it. Fight Club, surely the 'crisis in masculinity' ur-text, came out in the late 90s (the novel in 96, film three years later), and while the internet existed then, it didn't dominate how we think about the world like it does now. And I'm sure people were saying much the same thing in the 60s about these young men with long hair and colourful clothes who'd rather bum around smoking weed than get a job and raise a family like real men do - hell, I expect padraig could find us a quote from Cicero or whoever about how the youth of today are a load of workshy pansies...
I saw an argument with someone claiming that this generation of men is more feminine than the last and someone disagreed, producing countless similar quotes going back more than a century - the first guy replied to say "Well there you have it, clear evidence that men are becoming more and more unmanly - and it's been happening for ages".

• Love
Reactions: sus

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'll do it

“The beardless youth… does not foresee what is useful, squandering his money.”

Horace
1st Century BC
That just says that young people are bad at budgeting, it doesn't say that this generation is worse than any other and it doesn't say anything about emasculation.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Do you ever find yourself looking for things that are in your pocket at the time, or in extreme cases, actually in your hand? If so, you may be my spiritual brother.

I can put something down and be looking for it five seconds later. It's virtually a disability.
Yeah yesterday I drove to the club cos I was DJ-ing, as we were getting nearby I fancied a cigarette but on patting my pockets couldn't find them anywhere, when I parked I searched the car, nope. Then I went inside and took my coat off and systematically searched every pocket in my trousers, my top and my coat. Neither the fags nor the lighter were in any of them so I reluctantly concluded that I must have left them both on the balcony at home when I last had a cig. It was a real ballache cos I had no cash on me at all (free drinks plus getting paid), also the nearest shop to the place was shut. I messaged my friend to pick some up for me but he wasn't coming for a while so, after despairingly going through all my pockets a couple more times, in the end I went out and walked for miles and bought another pack and a lighter to go with them. Back inside I feel something in my pocket - ciggies and lighter right there, in the small pocket I had searched fifty times a few seconds ago. How is that possible? The only thing I can think is that some sadistic pick pocket took them and then put them back to fuck with my head. Also, as a final fuck you from the universe the new lighter that I had bought unnecessarily stopped working after three uses.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw an argument with someone claiming that this generation of men is more feminine than the last and someone disagreed, producing countless similar quotes going back more than a century - the first guy replied to say "Well there you have it, clear evidence that men are becoming more and more unmanly - and it's been happening for ages".
Which implies that our caveman ancestors routinely wrestled sabre-toothed tigers with one hand behind their back to make it a fair fight, and could impregnate women by giving them a single smouldering look from beneath their rugged cave-brows.

Which I'm sure is absolutely true.

wild greens

Been reading about Andrew Tate recently and a lot of it seems to just be Iceberg Slim style pimping but with Romanian webcam models. Don't really see what's so novel about it

However his dad was a chess grandmaster? That's pretty surprising

Watching Temptation Island Series 4 here and tbh it's just the era of humiliation isn't it. If you feel emasculated then surely it's just your weak mind struggling with the sea of degradation we're all a part of

sus

Yes I second this, when Linebaugh stayed at my place he wa all over the place, incomprehensible. A full battery of cognitive tests is in order