noir jazz

DLaurent

I've tried to find stuff like this myself being well into film noir but haven't found much other than the usual Bohren and der Club of Gore or scores like Elevator to the Gallows.

Found more of interest with Lili Boulanger in the classical world.

luka

Version 4 years ago

Everyone has their own demons, some more dark and sinister than others. The thought danced in my mind as I sat silently in my dark office, a glass of warm whiskey in one hand and a cigarette in the other. The room was dark, the snowstorm outside had knocked the power out but I didn't care. It was nice to sit in the darkness. Outside, the wind howled as snow and sleet swore it was going to break temperature records. I slumped back into my office chair and took a long drag from my cigarette. Menthol: chewing gum for smokers. The sweet smoke filled my lungs for a moment before I exhaled. The smoke hung in the air like a bad omen. I was used to bad omens. At nearly 30 years old, I had seen some things that would turn most away from my line of work on day one. Hell, I'd even contemplated walking away myself too many times to count. There was a time where everything in the world was black and white; there were good people and there were bad people, or so I thought. Oh how the mind of a young man works. I eventually realised the world is shades of grays and blacks, there is no white. Sometimes good people do bad things, sometimes bad people do good things. Everyone has their own demons, some more dark and sinister than others.

DLaurent

Maybe it's just a connection I've made in my head but I always associate Scriabin with neo noir, or at least futuristic night time settings.