Dissensus Raw: The Compilation - A Thread

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Dear @Mr. Tea @mixed_biscuits @wektor @boxedjoy @woops @IdleRich @yyaldrin @Arthur Brick @bassbeyondreason @linebaugh @gremino @bunnyhausen @PeteUM @nochexxx @polystyle @Dusty @chava

The time has come for us to decide on a direction and theme. I think everyone knows the suggestions by now. One possibility is no theme and we all just make some music. I'm fine with that, too. But let's all weigh in and get some kind of agreement so we know what we're dealing with.

Personally, I still like @wektor's original post-covid rave thing, and maybe throw in a bit of @polystyle's pagan ritual skyscraper roof party under a full moon.

But if it makes more sense to go themeless then so be it.

So let's hear what the rest of you think. Let's try to get this bit sorted by today or the weekend at the latest!

polystyle

Dear @Mr. Tea @mixed_biscuits @wektor @boxedjoy @woops @IdleRich @yyaldrin @Arthur Brick @bassbeyondreason @linebaugh @gremino @bunnyhausen @PeteUM @nochexxx @polystyle @Dusty @chava

The time has come for us to decide on a direction and theme. I think everyone knows the suggestions by now. One possibility is no theme and we all just make some music. I'm fine with that, too. But let's all weigh in and get some kind of agreement so we know what we're dealing with.

Personally, I still like @wektor's original post-covid rave thing, and maybe throw in a bit of @polystyle's pagan ritual skyscraper roof party under a full moon.

So let's hear what the rest of you think. Let's try to get this bit sorted by today or the weekend at the latest!
Ok hmmm

Most of what i mentioned re: raving in skyscraper moon was directly from Simon Silverdollar and Wektor @ another thread.

Seems post COVID rave, pagan skyscaper rave - or whatever kind of music would be there and no theme could all exist in one collection ?
Plus any other flavors

Def not against a theme, same time like the sound of no theme.
Did miss making a point recently about having the diversity - flash of thought that by having as much variety as naturally happens , we might approach something like No Wave ( caps added decades later ) moment here which was not organized
it just grew out of circumstance ?
That potential ground zero- making again / against / post doesn't go against ' post COVID ' or post apoc rave ...
So for my part - probably 2 1 or 2m pieces / settings - i am open to most if not all : )

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i find it very difficult to make music on command so even if there would be a theme, and i would try to stick to it, i would probably end up with something completely different anyway. but i'm not against the idea itself and there are different ways of working with themes such as using certain samples so i'm down with everything!

gremino

Moster Sirphine
I find it hard to grasp on the ideas thrown - I need some emotions/moods listed.

I have one idea though, which is about track format. Judging by the few entries so far, there isn't going to be much club/dj-friendly music, so we could keep the track duration at 3-4 minute range (unless the piece demands to be longer). This way the tracks could be nice and short, and the compilation would be like listening to a pop/rock/hiphop/reggae album.

What do you think? No theme, but track duration should be in 3-4min range. Or both no theme and theme and 3-4mins.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Seems as though a free for all with no major limitations is going to work for most. So how about this: do as thou wilt and if you feel like it you can make a themed tune with a little explanation about your choice. @gremino I'd say allow people to make the tracks as long as they like, within reason, but remember, the longer it is the harder they have to work to keep it interesting. One of the bigger challenges an electronic musician faces imo. Unless there are any decent objections by sundown tomorrow, the posse moves out and we begin.

Release title and all that can be discussed along the way.

Don't forget to pack some sardines

polystyle

Seems as though a free for all with no major limitations is going to work for most. So how about this: do as thou wilt and if you feel like it you can make a themed tune with a little explanation about your choice. @gremino I'd say allow people to make the tracks as long as they like, within reason, but remember, the longer it is the harder they have to work to keep it interesting. One of the bigger challenges an electronic musician faces imo. Unless there are any decent objections by sundown tomorrow, the posse moves out and we begin.

Release title and all that can be discussed along the way.

Don't forget to pack some sardines
Agree - think we can have both those themes mentioned whichever one decides
and things that do not address those themes.

Also agree it can sometimes not be the easiest thing to really make something bound in a theme !

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I find it hard to grasp on the ideas thrown - I need some emotions/moods listed.

I have one idea though, which is about track format. Judging by the few entries so far, there isn't going to be much club/dj-friendly music, so we could keep the track duration at 3-4 minute range (unless the piece demands to be longer). This way the tracks could be nice and short, and the compilation would be like listening to a pop/rock/hiphop/reggae album.

What do you think? No theme, but track duration should be in 3-4min range. Or both no theme and theme and 3-4mins.

Neither. the theme is simple: Ever feel like you've been cheated?

nochexxx

harco pronting

No theme is best for me, but I'm sure I could make it work regardless 😎

Leo

I feel the urge to immediately take to social media and complain about how I've been canceled due to my total lack of ability to play an instrument. #stopanti-nonmusiciandiscrimination