stoned thoughts

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Like the culmination of art and tech together with this positive nature love message, but only possible cos of the capitalist machine.
I heard a recent James Cameron interview in which 1) he, no surprise, says that the $ people wanted him to take the "hippie treehugging bullshit" out of Avatar and he had to fight hard to keep it in, and more interesting 2) after Avatar he'd decided to retire from filmmaking to focus on environmental and indigenous rights activism but eventually he decided that he could have more impact using his platform to make more Avatar movies, and that's the only reason he returned to filmmaking at all. The bigger platform part is undeniably true, but the message of these films is so generic and watered-down - not helped by the heavy-handedness and general dumbness of the scripts - that I have to doubt it achieves much. Like bro, you came back for this?

and he already used capitalist $ and cutting-edge technology to make two vastly better, smarter films about the dangers of short-sighted corporate profit motive and technology - i.e. what drives the core conflict of both Terminator and Aliens - decades ago

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
And all the current Americans on dissensus apart from Stan and Leo are very close to Canada
that's incorrect tho. linebaugh and I are in Chicago, hundreds of miles from the nearest Canadian border. gus is, I believe, in Wisconsin somewhere, a bit closer but still quite far.

catalog

I heard a recent James Cameron interview in which 1) he, no surprise, says that the $ people wanted him to take the "hippie treehugging bullshit" out of Avatar and he had to fight hard to keep it in, and more interesting 2) after Avatar he'd decided to retire from filmmaking to focus on environmental and indigenous rights activism but eventually he decided that he could have more impact using his platform to make more Avatar movies, and that's the only reason he returned to filmmaking at all. The bigger platform part is undeniably true, but the message of these films is so generic and watered-down - not helped by the heavy-handedness and general dumbness of the scripts - that I have to doubt it achieves much. Like bro, you came back for this?

and he already used capitalist $ and cutting-edge technology to make two vastly better, smarter films about the dangers of short-sighted corporate profit motive and technology - i.e. what drives the core conflict of both Terminator and Aliens - decades ago

I suppose it depends upon who you are.

As in, these films might not impact you or I in the way he intends but they might impact someone else? Or at least that is his thought process.

But yes, in a sense, he exemplifies the paradox he is exploring in the films, where he could just melt away and do some positive things in a quiet way but decides to keep doing what he's been doing for ages but just ramp it up in terms of budget...

We watched the abyss the other night and it's mad how close it is to both avatar and terminator, with the strange alien like substance that visually looks like the T1000 from T2 and in spirit is like the life-spirit thing in Avatar.

So he has truly been making a variation on a central theme most of his life. So in that respect an auteur on the level of, say, Michael Mann.

He's kinda oscillating between the two poles and explores them in turn, aliens as positive/negative, humans the same. Just tweaking the variations.

Im not sure I would enjoy the film as much if watching at home, definitely the imax experience pulls you in more, but as it went in, that number 1 issue kept bothering me more, or became more clear.

that's incorrect tho. linebaugh and I are in Chicago, hundreds of miles from the nearest Canadian border. gus is, I believe, in Wisconsin somewhere, a bit closer but still quite far.
My apologies. But for me, in England, Chicago feels close to the "top" of America. Although incorrect in real life.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My apologies. But for me, in England, Chicago feels close to the "top" of America. Although incorrect in real life.
Well obviously it's closer to the 'top' than, say, Florida or California. But I think this just illustrates how hard it is for most Brits (and probably most Europeans generally) to grasp the sheer scale of North America. It's easy to think of Chicago as being "close to Canada" like Newcastle is "close to Scotland", but the min road distance is about 300 miles in one case and under 50 miles in the other case.

catalog

My conception of the North ignores the geographic North above Manchester and Leeds and below Scotland. To me that area (North Yorkshire, lakes) is the south.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Ancestry fuck off. Born, baptism, work, death, probate and a few kind words if you’re lucky for a body of work. It seeds challenging human insights and questions, occasionally better questions with fresh tincture

All the death that’s occurred on this planet, wtf is that about? There’s some cunt out there who’ll near enough take their last breath, just as you take yours. Out there, now, very much alive and breathing, just like you. And you’ll never know who they are, or were, their name or their passions through the prism of their own consciousness. Their memories, their experiences, their relationships, how they thought of themselves as a human and their place on a rock hurtling through space and time

Tenants of souls, never owners. You never own your existence, you’re a renter. All the background operating systems you’re not even aware of, all their supporting functions, so many opportunities for it all to go wrong. Encountering the God of Wrong is part of cannabis. It exists but, like a demon, you can parlay. Once you accept this existential threat is inevitable, you can meditate on the divine. All other concerns cease and then you realise you have to be up in 5 hours

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I love tinctures, damn, on fuckin fire few too many mg’s per teaspoon with days off pending, fuck aye

Rick Simpson oil, with boiled isopropyl remnants left intact? No thanks. Just decarboxylate flower, steep ratio of 10g’s to 100ml in high % food-grade ethanol (like Spirytus!) for 7-9 days, filter n dose

So much more of a narcotic effect, none of the jibber head best applied to tasks than sitting round. Humblebrag domestic god cleaning, I know it’s a vision you’re all envious of; marigolds, bleach, hammering the floors with buckets and mops, buffing up bannisters, wiping down windows, ironing done

You too can live at peak performance levels

Add being able to bask in borderline psychosis with the ability to listen to a few old Simon DK mixes and having wriggle room doesn’t make itself

Dads take note - make time for you or it’s a slow death

Add Owsley soundboards of J Cash and The Chieftains, steak, another steak, fuck off work, summer appeared too which was nice. It’s going all upper field of vision barcode again, (take much less next time))))

\\\\\\\///////§$¥€>>>>£666///////\\\\\\\\

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I love tinctures, damn, on fuckin fire few too many mg’s per teaspoon with days off pending, fuck aye

Rick Simpson oil, with boiled isopropyl remnants left intact? No thanks. Just decarboxylate flower, steep ratio of 10g’s to 100ml in high % food-grade ethanol (like Spirytus!) for 7-9 days, filter n dose

So much more of a narcotic effect, none of the jibber head best applied to tasks than sitting round. Humblebrag domestic god cleaning, I know it’s a vision you’re all envious of; marigolds, bleach, hammering the floors with buckets and mops, buffing up bannisters, wiping down windows, ironing done

You too can live at peak performance levels

Add being able to bask in borderline psychosis with the ability to listen to a few old Simon DK mixes and having wriggle room doesn’t make itself

Dads take note - make time for you or it’s a slow death

Add Owsley soundboards of J Cash and The Chieftains, steak, another steak, fuck off work, summer appeared too which was nice. It’s going all upper field of vision barcode again, (take much less next time))))

\\\\\\\///////§$¥€>>>>£666///////\\\\\\\\

steady, eh lad

no endorsements made herein other than J Cash recorded by Bear Stanley is gather-round-the-fireplace bliss and some rambling incoherence about time management

cat’s away, I had to

Anyone tried HHC?
I'd never heard of it until finding a display of vape pens and buds at the local supermarket checkout.

I looked it up, it's a synthetic, hydrogenated THC I think, and lasts much longer, 12 hours or so. Experience reports vary wildly, with some people going to hospital for a spell, others a mild, paranoia free buzz.

Nah.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I smoked a spliff last night. It was predictably enjoyable and manageable. Highly recommended.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Anyone tried HHC?
I'd never heard of it until finding a display of vape pens and buds at the local supermarket checkout.

I looked it up, it's a synthetic, hydrogenated THC I think, and lasts much longer, 12 hours or so. Experience reports vary wildly, with some people going to hospital for a spell, others a mild, paranoia free buzz.

Nah.

made from hemp, not massively industrial process but probably not worth coughing up a lung over just yet and again, I’d look for an edible route rather than some random homemade vaping product - eg do they list the ingredients, is there any lab certification?

latter question is key, if it’s flower it is probably hemp sprayed with HHC isolate and fruit-derived terpenes

think of the first phase as beta with health effects pending, then weigh accordingly eg delta-8 started by flooding the illicit vape cart market before sorting itself out via more refined isolate processes

wild greens

So HHC is a spice-like chemical compound or just selective farming/breeding?

Should be able to get whatever you want in greece really, sure roundthebend could get you a number if not