your relationship with dad

martin

----
I wish I'd understood him more at the time. I think I do now but it's 20 years too late, or more if you count Alzheimer's dead air time.

I think we saw the worst sides of each other. Get jealous sometimes when I hear older siblings telling stories about the time he did this or that.

luka

my dad was really mean and viscious, really sadistic, and i want to be just like him

william_kent

It's difficult when your dad is dying, and then they are gone sooner than expected... It was only at his funeral and I talked to some of the people he 'managed' that I had no idea of who he was really

luka

I wish I'd understood him more at the time. I think I do now but it's 20 years too late, or more if you count Alzheimer's dead air time.

I think we saw the worst sides of each other. Get jealous sometimes when I hear older siblings telling stories about the time he did this or that.
theyre bad people. drunk, mean, nasty. but they carry a set of values we feel we have a duty to carry on

luka

it is. my best friend was 6 and i dont know if theyve ever come to terms with it. i was 26 and me & me and
my step brother are defined by it. we are both lost

luka

my dad ended up as a lawyer and it felt he knew everything about adult life and b me d bill know nothing he does concreting
i do what i do and we both feel so vulnerable and exposed. anyway so what but dads can be good

william_kent

my relationship with my dad was difficult, he always seemed very distant, but when he was on his death bed and i turned up and he smiled, it dissolved all the "am I a disappointment" ( which I was ) worries, and then, too late, i knew that he loved me.. too late..

luka

my relationship with my dad was difficult, he always seemed very distant, but when he was on his death bed and i turned up and he smiled, it dissolved all the "am I a disappointment" ( which I was ) worries, and then, too late, i knew that he loved me.. too late..
too late but chances are you are your dad, more or less. vicious and knowing and wise

luka

i was lucky in that he reached a stage at which i stopped being a disappointment and he liked me. had about 5 years where he thought i was actually ok

luka

i wont be a dad. but in retrospect i hated my dad and was terrified of my dad but i i am glad
i had that dad