mvuent

Void Dweller
other life and crowleyhead love him (i think). he's been called "the alex jones of music journalism" due to, perhaps, his confrontational and somewhat conspiratorial style. to some he's more that a mere music critic, he's a modern day folk hero. idk what he's up to now. what are we to make of this man and his work???

other_life

bioconfused
i can't say that crowl or i love him but he was certainly formative for me. i've taken a lot of his insights and tried to run with them elsewhere. some of his big Pronouncements on music really feel like ciphers for his beef with other critics/schools of criticism and that's some shit i have no fucking time for. knowing him in any informal/social capacity has also ruined a lot of what was formative about him for me as i've grown + made me cautiously more sympathetic to people who are Sick of him

other_life

bioconfused
the thing to understand about chris ott is that he's nobody's dad but his blood children's dad and any attempt to 'kill the father' in that sense is Moot.

mvuent

Void Dweller
speaking of killing the father (well kind of, but not really) this passage from his review of christgau's stupid memoir is hilarious:

"Christgau is likewise married, and has a child, and his wife had an affair while he was going through a midlife crisis, and all of that and more is in the gooey memoir he published earlier this year, Going Into the City. Like his more formalist counterpart Greil Marcus, Christgau’s attitude toward and descriptions of women, and sex, are hugely distracting, even unsettling; a transparent attempt to overcome the sexless impotence of a Rock Writer standing next to their venerated subject.

If you’ve ever seen Bill Simmons interview an athlete, it’s the same mortifying spectacle: you’re watching an average-looking guy in a blazer try to talk his way into a nightclub. Even if they’re rich or famous enough to get past the velvet rope on status, they will never fit in there. They will never belong in the club, at the after-party, backstage, or on the tour bus, because they will never be cool. If Nick Kent couldn’t pull it off, nobody can. So to the sucking and fucking and “zaftig” masturbation in his book, I’ve got to say, Bob, pull your head in. Nobody wants to know."

version

"My debut album, The 6os Project, is now available on all digital platforms, as well as on CD and digital download on the store page! The album features 9 classic songs from the 60s reimagined into high energy, trombone-driven instrumentals."

mvuent

Void Dweller
"Welcome to the official site of Brooklyn-based trombonist, composer, arranger, and beatboxer, Chris Ott."

I dunno about this guy, mvuent.
trombone playing + beatboxing is the music of the future. a huge oversight of neon screams is that it doesn't address this.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Shame glam rock is one of the worst genres in the entire world, worse than folk metal even. @mvuent respond to my thoughts about neon screams plz.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Could have read it in 5 minutes if I didn't need to pay attention. Never underestimate the sacrifices I make for the forum.

catalog

I was once at a work presentation with a blind person presenting, trying to explain their way of accessing information, and they played us a clip of how fast their screen reader went. It was literally incomprehensible, unbelievably fast.