Winter Warz

version

It's weird thinking about that. I was under the impression PCP was frowned upon the way crack was, you know how there's always some crackhead character in films like Boyz n the Hood who everybody's embarrassed and disgusted by, but apparently it wasn't seen that way.

There's an article somewhere with Raekwon talking about a bunch of them smoking dust and having push up contests.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Remember reading in a book once ("Last night a dj saved my life" maybe?) that the early hip hop scene in new york was very druggy – parties in derelict buildings, people smoking angel dust etc.

But it was so long ago maybe I'm getting that wrong.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm not going to read this in my state cos it'll probably give me the fear but

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I remember thinking PCP was sort of glamorous when I was a teenager, purely cos my white idol Cage rapped about smoking it all the time.

version

All I knew about it was stories about people blacking out and murdering their friends or punching their way out of police cars. Sounded terrifying.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
"Temperatures rising" is about the "heat" from the police rising, but the Patrice rushen sample suggests that this is taking place in a hot sweaty fumy summer.

New York summers were as mythical as New York winters from where I was listening

Sitting on the stoop
Dancing around the fire hydrant

version

Nice to find an official upload of an instrumental for once -- so many online which are just fan rebuilds;