Reinforced

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Woof, yeah this guy was on one, pretty far out track here from the second wave period

Great tune (y) . But that's not second wave, for strict accuracy.
Reinforced "second wave" started in 2000, Rivet 136 onwards, and was a bit hit and miss really.

dilbert1

Great tune (y) . But that's not second wave, for strict accuracy.
Reinforced "second wave" started in 2000, Rivet 136 onwards, and was a bit hit and miss really.

For sure, forgot it was a properly formal catalog thing, with the revamped logo and all! I was browsing thru some of it a month or so ago actually. Kind of hard for me to get really into/judge tunes from that era as its not my forte, but thought this had some flavor

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
There is a good story, @droid might maybe recount better, about 4Hero's first trip to Dublin when they turned up and with a load of techno records, much to the bemusement of promoters trying to get dnb off the ground locally. But it always make laugh, in how they have kept a kept a foot in different places and have always been into the music

Chapter Road > Abbey Road

If ever there was a studio / location worth of a book and decent oral history.

Doc Scott said on social media recently

For me it all started here, yeah I started out in 89 and cut my teeth in 90 & 91 but 30 years ago this year I graduated in 92 - 94 at Reinforced.

This is where I learned the most and I had the most fun, thank you Mark, Gus, Dego, Ian, Goldie.

Dollis Hill forever. ❤️

Goldie

Kemistry then took me to another club called Astoria, where 4Hero were doing a PA that night. Dego and Marc were on stage with Ian. When I saw this shit I was like, “That’s what I want to do.” I pulled Marc to the side and I gave him my number and said, “Look, I do a lot of artwork and stuff, I wanna work with you.”

Shortly after that I went to their studio in Dollis Hill. The first thing I did was redesign the logo of their label, Reinforced Records. That was the beginning of our relationship. Those guys, they wasn’t really going out. Marc was kind of into the whole sound system thing and Dego wasn’t really going out clubbing, either. But I was. I was in the thick of it.

Marc and Dego basically programmed me. We always have this running joke where I phone Marc up, sometimes randomly, and say, “Listen, I need you to switch me off, man.” And he would say, “We programmed you—you’ll never stop. You just keep engaging your own software.” A bit like the scene from Blade Runner. It’s a really personal thing with them, especially with Marc. I cut my teeth with Reinforced.

All the Tom & Jerry stuff has been $$$$$$$ since the first day Discogs first went online I think, but those records are such a good document of an attitude and a process.

Below sounds good in any room, any system, any crowd, get you out of any hole. I dont think I've ever had any other record that always works. I've had nightmares about not being able to find during sets. What a groove.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@luka on DJ Hype - the Chopper

it's the spastic, maladroit, jerky rhythms that are most repellent

the raves were shit. The laserdrome in Peckham was shit. AWOL at sw1 club was shit full stop. everything was shit. Dance Planet, and all that, fuck off! Dreamscape, world dance, all the big ones, all shit. The Edge shit, Obsession shit, everything shit! hated it.

I have more kool fm tapes than you can beleive lol. kitschy robocock moron sounds that sound like they came from the Animals with autistic breakbeats and a ragga soundclash sample, you're supposed to put your hands up, dun dun dun, that's a roller. Always shit horror movie bits ruining it. genuinely think this is the worst music ever made