New fast Nigerian music

wild greens

Newish vibe I think. There's a good Ian McQuaid mix knocking about where he calls it Freebeat but there are a couple of names for it if you go on the aggregator blogs (six9ja.com, ogablogger.com, 47xclusive.com.ng etc)

A bit scruffy, short tracks, cheap art & midi. I am no expert

Might be worth keeping an eye on, in keeping with historical dissensus reportage

some have amapiano logs in but a bit more frantic

obviously loads of tiktoks knocking about as well

Last edited:

wektor

I went to one gig with this kidna music back in warsaw a few years back, even if you dance at halftime it's still fast as fuck, real respect to people who can keep up to it for more than 60 mins

wild greens

Christ that Duke video is brutal. Never heard that before

Half decent tape with some vocals on too-

Only really gets going after about 5-6 minutes but i prefer everything in a mix really. The one at 15 minutes (ish) is mad

wektor

pity that people in western world are usually unable to venture as far with their dance moves unless past the third pill

wektor

ok but it took me 1 look at the amapiano balcony vids to see that nothing where Ilove comes close in terms of the vibe, but it might be that I go to wrong places

wild greens

Not sure. Cruise is naija slang for just enjoying life/vibes i think so might just be something that's caught on after one or two

wektor

that's not true ain't you seen them videos of people dancing to Baltimore/Jersey club music?
ok you are right, but like mentioned in the gabba thread - I do not think the continent shows much of dance culture that's been preserved over the years, if you look at the mentioned ama balcony videos, not even talking about recordings from nyege nyege, they look MENTAL. I cannot imagine anything close to that happening in europe.
on the other hand well yes I have never been to South Africa and I have no idea how clubs look like there apart from what I have seen in youtube uploads, maybe it is actually a staged situation like in any music video.

version

Some of it reminds me of the "Shangaan Electro" stuff Honest Jons and some UK people picked up on for a brief moment,

luka

the turkish bar me and wild greens were in last night was playing the same five african tunes on a loop. im anti-african music as a rule.