Vigilantes

luka

Do you like vigilantes? People loved it when the Turks stood outside their shops with baseball bats didn't they. They thought, I wish we had the balls to do that, that's a proper community.
And there's a whole genre of films that = white man has had it up to here
for example Harry Brown starring Michael Caine. Or the Batman franchise.

martin

----
Yeah, vigilantes are cool. It’s about finding that sweet spot between Paul Kersey shooting someone’s eyeballs out on the NY subway, and a drunken, angry mob terrorising that innocent 'weirdo' down the road who still lives with his mother.

luka

Yeah the Turks with baseball bats are our Koreans with rifles on the roof tops

john eden

male pale and stale
Can't forget the people of Plymouth, UK mobbing a paediatrician in error.
This one?

Leo

I worked a block away from the building on 14th st where Bernie Goetz lived, used to see him in the neighborhood every once in awhile.

luka

Looks fascist but then again, who wants drug dealers hanging round the kids playground

luka

Blackbird Leys is the most dangerous small town in Oxfordshire, and is among the top 10 most dangerous overall out of Oxfordshire's 312 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Blackbird Leys in 2021 was 138 crimes per 1,000 people. @shakahislop

john eden

male pale and stale
It’s actually quite a nice place, compared to rougher bits of London, from what I saw during an afternoon there ten years ago.

toko

Do you like vigilantes? People loved it when the Turks stood outside their shops with baseball bats didn't they. They thought, I wish we had the balls to do that, that's a proper community.
And there's a whole genre of films that = white man has had it up to here
for example Harry Brown starring Michael Caine. Or the Batman franchise.
i love vigilantes, (except the Taxi Cab loner types) because it's kind of an organic expression of solidarity with one's community and the power to self-organize when the state has lost it's legitimacy. its no coincidence that immigrants and other underserved communities are those that often are forced to form non-sanctioned self-defense groups. people condemn them because they aren't accountable, but if the police weren't so incompetent and undependable they would never have been formed to begin with.

toko

These are my favorite kind of vigilantes:

Living in the bay area myself, its fucking stupid how many potholes there are. it is actually insane. Again, it's only when the state has failed to fulfill one of its basic responsibilities that we see people self-organize and do something.

Leo

These are my favorite kind of vigilantes:

Living in the bay area myself, its fucking stupid how many potholes there are. it is actually insane. Again, it's only when the state has failed to fulfill one of its basic responsibilities that we see people self-organize and do something.

do you consider these guys vigilantes? they're providing a basic community service, not avenging a crime or protecting a constituency.

Last edited: