linebaugh

sad to say that in terms of speed to reach the double digit page count this is my most successful thread

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
mixed and Stan, they both said they had pocket elongated on women's jeans.
I was at a thrift store maybe five years ago, and I found a cool pair of jeans for nine dollars or so, but it just happened to be women's jeans. The pockets were ludicrously shallow, and thus a manual retailoring was in order.

mvuent

Void Dweller
4113552ea761439e21cdacfd9a7b22b8.jpg
mid 30s varsity coach walks by and yells "looking sharp boys!!!!"

shakahislop

one big influence on what people are wearing i think is using cameras to see what you look like rather than mirrors. they're quite different things i think

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
one big influence on what people are wearing i think is using cameras to see what you look like rather than mirrors. they're quite different things i think
Interesting, yeah. And how so much of the time you only see a person's face and maybe upper torso in the frame of their selfie feed.

Leo

I care less about my attire than I used to (partly due to age, but mostly because I've got so many clothes that I hardly have a chance to wear now, why buy more?), except when it comes to shoes and sneakers/trainers. I still buy 'em, the closet is bursting with shoes, boots, Adidas and Pumas. makes no sense, and surely frowned upon by guys who are preoccupied by much more important things, but I love 'em. no shame.

Last edited:

Leo

there are also fewer cool stores to buy from in NYC. the closing of Barney's was a stab to the heart, a NY institution that will never be replaced, coupled with the loss of Century 21 for discounted high-end stuff that I'd never pay retail for. Even the Paul Smith store here has downsized.

IdleRich

IdleRich
My friend in Portugal was lamenting the loss of Century 21 cos she sells second hand fashion here. The estate agency of the same name persists though.

Reactions: Leo