Drvg Cvltvre - what's good? Is there a sort of scene

Leo

I don't know to be honest, my computer is slowing dying bit by bit, I can see less and less of the screen every day. I have less and less control over it and of my life as a whole every few hours.

try to reboot both of them.

william_kent

1. n. 4 - A1 ( Horizontal Ground 05)

artist name is a rubbish cypher ( 1 = A )

this was a hard record for me to possess, took a few attempts on discogs to obtain a copy ( "oh sorry, I listed it and don't actually have it", etc., ) even though one half of the rubbish cypher used to work behind the counter at Eastern Bloc in Manchester ( before decamping to Berlin ) and managed to press many records upon one of my former workmates, "you'll like this, honest" - which, admittedly is my experience of that shop and yes, all the records the staff have recommended me were keepers..

but anyway, probably isn't what you want, although this is total drug music to my ears.. narco slow, pounding, racks up the intensity

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
this was a hard record for me to possess, took a few attempts on discogs to obtain a copy (
but anyway, probably isn't what you want, although this is total drug music to my ears.. narco slow, pounding, racks up the intensity

Checking it out now, it is just starting to get going now about a third of the way in, I hear you, think your description is pretty accurate.

Postie brought me some records today, this one arguably goes in this thread

IdleRich

IdleRich
Potentially an interesting development for Lisbon nightlife is happening just now. There is a huge shortage of good venues of a certain size available in central Lisbon right now - in fact I'd almost say there and none. However, on the river side of the tracks there are a load of old warehouses that have been gentrified into restaurants for tourists and super cheesy clubs offering stuff like salsa lessons or disco and a burger for tourists - but there is no real reason why you couldn't put a good night on in one of these places if you could let people know that it's happening, and persuade local clubbers to travel a tiny bit out of town (and I do mean a tiny bit - yet average Lisbonite simply will not countenance moving more than about half a mile from their house for anything).

It seems one has changed owners or management and the person running the schedule has allowed these guys I know to have a trial night there. The first one was tonight and I know they had loads of problems with equipment and DJs cancelling and so on - but it went ahead and it was good. At four am our friend Borja from that band @Leo likes and whose name I can never spell correctly began his set, and the second tube he played was the @WashYourHands tip from this very thread. I'm taking that as a good omen.

found it, fuckin ell can’t quite believe the title manifested, possibly irrelevant too

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I like this thread so I'm gonna resurrect it with a record I got through the post (miracles do happen!) the other day. It's sort of dark ebm and I think it just about counts if you pitch it down - there are four tracks on and on first spin it's the two tracks on side b I'll be going for, this one...

And this one which I've just realized features Scorpion Violente who have already featured in their own right.

I didn't know this band, I guess they are Russian and I heard Taras playing something by them, went through discogs and just ordered the one that I thought offered the best bang for buck... ie my favourite of those I could afford.

I think this is the one he played...

Since then Taras has informed me that Locked Club is the side project of a much more famous pop band or some such, but I dunno which, maybe you do.

Anyway please keep them coming cos I love this thread.

william_kent

STVOL.TV - Locked Club

This popped up in my “feed” a year ago, I thought that it looked like people* were actually having fun, but maybe more VDKA CVLTRE?

* the people behind the decks that is

Edit: watching this again just now and i’m Thinking this is what underground resistance would have sounded like if they were drunken football hooligans from the former Soviet Union