sus

Everyone says "I love it!" But what they mean is "the first two paragraphs were mildly interesting and then I tabbed back to Twitter"

mvuent

Void Dweller
"the first two paragraphs were mildly interesting and then I tabbed back to Twitter"
lets be brutally honest. i've definitely done that with other stuff you've written. i've had that 200 page book you wrote about surrogation saved on my desktop for months and still haven't read past the first few sections. i'd probably find parts of it quite interesting if i did read farther, but for whatever reason i haven't. but in this case i immediately read the whole thing and will be revisiting it. in terms of both style and content it's Peak Suspended Reason, imo.

sus

Note that there is nothing in his reply that requires having read the piece. No homework required compliment. Just all heart

mvuent

Void Dweller
still accusing me of pretending to read the whole thing eh? honestly the paranoia is understandable. if there's one thing i'm increasingly sure of it's that virtually no one ever reads past the first two paragraphs of anything. certainly, no one's read anything i've written farther than that. but in this case it's actually true. tbf i'm not sure i understood all of it, for example the stuff about most of the forks of labyrinths leading nowhere probably requires a second pass.

sus

No accusations I'm just showing the vast audience watching from home that they, too, can get in on the compliments in an accessible way, no reading work required

sus

still accusing me of pretending to read the whole thing eh? honestly the paranoia is understandable. if there's one thing i'm increasingly sure of it's that virtually no one ever reads past the first two paragraphs of anything. certainly, no one's read anything i've written farther than that. but in this case it's actually true. tbf i'm not sure i understood all of it, for example the stuff about most of the forks of labyrinths leading nowhere probably requires a second pass.
What I mean is, most people who go bushwhacking in the wilderness, with their art and thinking, their trail is never continued. Those who have their trails continued by others enter the canon, the stream.

sus

Kant, now that guy had many trails blazed from his path. It forks many directions. But some guys some traditions. Ethnomethodology for instance, never picked up the way structuralism did. There's this labyrinth of historical explorations and you can find some old path that cult de sacs and pick up the work. Paths not taken in the histories of these fields

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The trails blazed are blazed through a sort of mindspace, and how well you communicate your excursion, plus how worthwhile your path seems to be to follow, can determine how well followers may adhere.

Reactions: sus

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
In a @version -like phantom post, @mvuent made a point about a godlike PoV, referencing I believe Age of Empires, which I think is quite salient here. Being able to apprehend the n-dimensional spacetime in which mindspace excursions unfold, and using this delicate vantage point to inform your own excursions.

• Wow
Reactions: sus