Nuggets/Pebbles/BackFromTheGrave etc tunes that are nothing like Beatles

CrowleyHead

We truly do get to the heart of the matter when Luka demonstrates the smoldering contempt for humanity beneath his views on music and culture.

mvuent

Void Dweller
beyond is this still functional or is it now obsolete—another question you can ask yourself is do i imagine the creator as either more or less naive than i am. did they have more insight about how music works, how the universe works, and so on, than i do when they made it? in other words, are they an older or younger sibling? woebot's talked about this:
It's inevitably always a personal thing. It relates to who one's own "elders" are. For me, something like this set by DJ Hype on Fantasy FM (I could have chosen any number of different things to illustrate the point) has the fingerprint. I would have been nineteen but, yeah, Hype would have been unmistakably senior, of an earlier cohort, like the kids only two years ahead of one at school who seemed like distant deities. Possessing of a different but subtly evolved consciousness, of a seemingly unattainable confidence.
My favourite example of this must be Van Morison's "Astral Weeks" which, although the work of a young man, time-trips back, sometimes to the very present itself, with the zen-like simplicity of a higher enlightenment that always characterises the insight of an elder. Another perfect example would have to be The Aphex Twin of the early nineties, of Selected Ambient Works 1 and 2 when he was dreaming of the future.
so whether or not someone's your spiritual elder doesn't correspond to whether they were physically older than you at the time of creation, or born before or after you. you might look at the kids who made the music this thread's about as being simpleminded happy go lucky golden retrievers who are about as three dimensional a panel of archie. or you might look at them as revenants from a less fractured, less distracted, more vigorous and spirited historical moment and see them as in some ways wiser than you.