gnarled hands

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
One is the Old Croghan fellow - point being he had smooth unworried hands, untroubled by manual labour (plus the preservation detail is incredible)

My hands are like crags, like shaking hands with sandpaper

catalog

Took down the ceiling in the lounge yesterday. Got a lot of blisters and splinters. My hair is full of black lime. Was not recommended to do it by a professional but went ahead anyway.

khVhNdd.jpg

CjyoUOk.jpg

FiReSHK.jpg

This is my mate who actually did all the important work. I just did clean up.

VOso5eb.jpg

1OqFvQS.jpg

VoTuJKJ.jpg

Leo

wow, impressive, catalog. you earned a few beers after that. is the ceiling finished? let's have a look.

catalog

Nah still a way to go Leo. It's just bare joists atm with electrical wires hanging a bit

LiryX6O.jpg

So next week I gotta measure up, buy plaster boards then hope my mate can come back and screw em in. Then gotta get a professional to come do a skim of plaster over the tip of the boards.

Beautiful smell in there right now, the joists are really nice kinda wanna forego (is that the wrong usage?) having a ceiling bug I suppose there good reasons as to why you have one, principally the wires but maybe also smells going up to the bedroom

Reactions: Leo

john eden

male pale and stale
@catalog - great project! Ceilings also reduce the transmission of noise, which is less of an issue in a house than in a flat, admittedly.

catalog

Thanks John, yeah, am seriously considering leaving it or doing something that will allow the joists to be at least partially exposed. Noise isn't really issue cos it's the bedroom upstairs.

Leo

don't most ceilings contain a layer of insulation? that room and the bedroom upstairs might be chillier in winter if you leave it bare like that.

catalog

Yeah I've done ringing round and you are absolutely correct. So advice is leave em exposed and see how we go through winter. Can plaster board at any time.