Labrinth

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You listen to this kinda music you could do anything, you could be anything, you could rise out of your mortal body, you could close multibillion-dollar corporate mergers you could snort coke forever you could run a marathon nothing could hurt you nothing could touch you

yes, we invented glam rock, the only thing which you guys didn't invent.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

This is more on the transcendence-spiritual side than the pump-up side.

But the way it slow-burns and builds, the kick drum, the reverb—all part of the picture

a mate lost his mind while this played, posted before, a traumatic amount of microdots was a factor too

quite an event running out of the house into the world clutching his head screaming, teaches now, all sort of worked out but I blame Phil who knew (t)his song was channelling occult forces

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
but again what you fail to understand because of your sheltered life is that we've burnt out the arrogance of the first 20 times of pub gak. when you do tommys gear for the 20 thousandth time all you want to do is pick fights.

Listen to this and you shall understand the real vibe of cocaine abuse, not the mythical erowid version. Let's be avvin ya.

forclosure

Thirdform you just don't understand the thread. It's about transcendence, hype, ecstasy, pump-up music, protagonist music, the shit tha tmakes you go "this is fucking it!!!! let's fucking go!!!"

It's cocaine music

Kanye has made his entire career on it

so in other words something like this?

entertainment

i don't think it's a totally new thing this way of listening to songs in terms of imagining them as soundtracks to a film about you but it certainly has become more of a default modality in a way that feeds heavily back around to the production side

forclosure

i mean @suspended as far as rap goes the person you REALLY want to look to whose been making that kind of beat all their career is somebody like Just Blaze sure Kanye has touch the sky and jesus walks as far as singles but Graduation was when that shit really started for him

forclosure

i don't think it's a totally new thing this way of listening to songs in terms of imagining them as soundtracks to a film about you but it certainly has become more of a default modality in a way that feeds heavily back around to the production side
not wrong there and there's been people who only check out certain albums and artists just to hear the production

i'm sure there's some shit about youth and feeling self-centered in there aswell which people now talk like it's just a millenials thing but they've said that about every generation

IdleRich

IdleRich
Haha true, but also no one here really listens to Katy Perry and there was a good thread on that a few months ago, some other good threads I think too where it didn't all just degenerate into this is good no this shit. Everyone already knows each others personal tastes on here by now so that gets boring really quick
I have little to add directly but I fully endorse this attitude.