Morning sun(light)

catalog

Just looked him up and I can see what you mean. Something illuminated in the middle of a wispy night shot.

I was trying for a while to get the reds of the sky but wasn't happening and I was gonna miss my train.

Eventually used the "night" setting on the phone which has a longer exposure.

There's probsbly a better way of doing it, which I should probably know. Very hard to get a sense of some of these red mornings with the camera.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Yeah, I really like that. For me it also brings to mind a bit of the weird West Yorkshire thing where places can feel quite built-up and industrial but also be really tightly intermingled with stretches of wild, romantic moorland and stuff.

entertainment

You get more sensitive to these things when you get older don't you?

Winters are very dark in Denmark but I used to not really think about it. Now it seems like a curse to live under, this collective sapping of spirit, like an enforced period of mourning. On the other hand things like a beautiful sunrise can lift me into ecstasy.

catalog

i think so, i never used to be arsed about things like the weather, in fact i remember my friend joking in school about being "reduced to talking about the weather" whenever it came up.

Nowadays, and as I said to @william_kent the other night at the great northern dissensus meetup, i'm convinced i've got some minor SAD thing going on, with something touching on anxiety about jan and feb particularly. perhaps also lockdown related - the dec/jan 2020/21 one was fierce.

and yeah, there is a lot of power in the sun in that way.

entertainment

i think so, i never used to be arsed about things like the weather, in fact i remember my friend joking in school about being "reduced to talking about the weather" whenever it came up.

Nowadays, and as I said to @william_kent the other night at the great northern dissensus meetup, i'm convinced i've got some minor SAD thing going on, with something touching on anxiety about jan and feb particularly. perhaps also lockdown related - the dec/jan 2020/21 one was fierce.

and yeah, there is a lot of power in the sun in that way.
It's no joke winter depression. Take vitamin d

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
This morning

Yq51JPl.jpeg

love this, without the station sidings lit up with their own light sources it wouldn’t work

instead you’ve got a soft gothic end of night foreground, mixed, greenery and dark tree silhouettes, with dawn breaking its grasp on the course of the day