AWOL xmas 1993 mix

Caebi

low earth orbit
ok, id #2

incredible, completely made my day. and yet i get the vague feeling i've heard it before, not as music but in a film or documentary, i could almost swear. can't place it though

can anyone id the track(s) that make up the first few minutes of part 4?

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Up till about 1:20 it's Edge of Darkness - Come Together. This particular mix comes of a bootleg that includes a remix of Johhny L's "Hurt You So" that appears at the end of part 4. Both of the remixes are better than the originals. I have no idea about the acidy tune that follows it.

http://www.discogs.com/release/236498

nomos

Administrator
dubplatestyle said:
what this?
Martin James State of Bass - Jungle: The Story So Far Boxtree, 1997. ISBN 07522 23232

It's a pretty decent basic history, from 'Ardkore up to No U Turn and Bukem. It includes discographies and a short but helpful bibliography. Unfortunately, I think it's been out of print for some time. You might check abebooks.com.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Oh my God this mix is fucking tremendous. Thank you so much. Is there any music EVER that has been incredibly, consistently exciting as 'ardkore/darkcore/dnb from 1991-3?

This is probably a really obvious tune, so forgive me, but can someone ID the record playing at about 12 minutes in on the first part of the mix (gorgeous helium vocals, 'T for tremendous' as they say)? :p

nomos

Administrator
Tape cover?

Not sure if the mix and the cover and one and the same but...

awol1.jpg