"Why do bankers love techno?"

chava

All of those tracks are totally invigorating and not even close to being boring though. I didn't mention the word soul. I'm a big advocate, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Take Sähkö, some of their most sparse, bleak, anti-groove shit is still totally compelling and not boring at all. You kinda landed on it at the end of your paragraph. There are people who make sparse music and manage to find a way to keep things moving for 6 mins or so with just a few elements. But then there are people who think that being minimal is all it takes, as long as it's kind of intense and all cathedral-like and processed through expensive gear. As for Americans being unable to pull that sort of stuff off, what about James Donaddio, Traxx Alan Oldham or Jamal Moss?
I guess Alan Oldham is very euro influenced. Jamal Moss are probably more influenced by funk and jazz.

Regarding boredom, I also find these records kinda invigorating, but I know a lot of techno heads who find them boring (or did, nowadays techno DJs never express any negative judgements about anything). Here's probably one of my absolute favorite records which I have cleared a bit too many floors with. For many this is anti-techno:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Traxx and Moss are both from Chi town and were both Hardy heads. Ron played plenty of Euro stuff among the disco and acid. Liasons Dangereuses etc. When you take Ron's crates and quasi-punk attitude into account, what those two have been doing for the last decade-plus makes a lot of sense. They've kept building on what he was doing, which was eclectic and pretty far out at times.

rubysay

I reckon Being trapped in a trance at da club to some techno probably mimicks the feeling of watching capital be moved around all day through some arcane parameters that you only half understand. Watching the pneumatic tubes in action, being held, depressed under the thumb of a kick drum financial mechanism, techno, capital, technocapital. caught up in the gears of a cosmic money machine like charlie chaplin all day, trains your brain to seek similar pleasure stimuli.
I don't know though, as i've experienced neither.

woops

is not like other people
I reckon Being trapped in a trance at da club to some techno probably mimicks the feeling of watching capital be moved around all day through some arcane parameters that you only half understand. Watching the pneumatic tubes in action, being held, depressed under the thumb of a kick drum financial mechanism, techno, capital, technocapital. caught up in the gears of a cosmic money machine like charlie chaplin all day, trains your brain to seek similar pleasure stimuli.
I don't know though, as i've experienced neither.