Who Killed JFK?

IdleRich

IdleRich
On Thursday, President Joe Biden issued an executive order authorising the latest disclosure.
But he said some files would be kept under wraps until June 2023 to protect against possible "identifiable harm".

Wonder what's in them and whether they stick to June.

The US National Archives said that 515 documents would remain withheld in full, and another 2,545 documents would be partly withheld.

Each time they do this it adds fuel to the fire.

So weird and arbitrary the claim that there are documents the release of which might cause identifiable harm... but that in June 2023 it will be fine. To be clear I'm not saying that means anything in terms of any JFK conspiracy, it's just I always find that kind of statement peculiar.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So weird and arbitrary the claim that there are documents the release of which might cause identifiable harm... but that in June 2023 it will be fine. To be clear I'm not saying that means anything in terms of any JFK conspiracy, it's just I always find that kind of statement peculiar.
Maybe anyone who could conceivably be harmed by the revelations will be dead by then? Like, definitely dead.

borzoi

even if they had a document that was like "JFK KILL PLANS - allen dulles" there would be no public outcry and nothing about the CIA would change. its interesting but fundamentally a hobby for nerds.

woops

is not like other people
even if they had a document that was like "JFK KILL PLANS - allen dulles" there would be no public outcry and nothing about the CIA would change. its interesting but fundamentally a hobby for nerds.
who wrote Shakespeare's plays ?????????????????

STN

sou'wester
Lobster magazine is still carrying the torch for left wing conspiracy theory in the UK - their theory* on JFK, LBJ done it

* well, according to Robin Ramsay, the editor, and maybe also Anthony Frewin, esteemed pulp author, former aide of Stanley Kubrick, and regular contributor to Lobster, who maybe concurs

edit: @martin may appreciate this - I once bought some early, low numbered copies of Lobster magazine at an anarchist book fair from a stall which was run by a guy I immediately recognised as the ex-teacher who said that he got his pupils to read books by introducing them to the Skinhead novels of Richard Allen ( not the Delphi Murders suspect! ) who appears about 16 minutes into this classic BBC documentary:

Skinhead Farewell - Richard Allen Documentary

Nick Holt, Boot Seller: "steel toe-caps, commando soles - you wouldn't argue with someone who's got a pair of those on, put it that way.."
This is off topic, but Richard Allen’s accent is bananas.

version

What it comes down to is a copper-jacketed 6.5-millimeter projectile. The Warren Commission decided that one of the bullets fired that day struck the president from behind, exited from the front of his throat and continued on to hit Mr. Connally, somehow managing to injure his back, chest, wrist and thigh. It seemed incredible that a single bullet could do all that, so skeptics called it the magic bullet theory.

Investigators came to that conclusion partly because the bullet was found on a stretcher believed to have held Mr. Connally at Parkland Memorial Hospital, so they assumed it had exited his body during efforts to save his life. But Mr. Landis, who was never interviewed by the Warren Commission, said that is not what happened.

In fact, he said, he was the one who found the bullet — and he found it not in the hospital near Mr. Connally but in the presidential limousine lodged in the back of the seat behind where Kennedy was sitting.

When he spotted the bullet after the motorcade arrived at the hospital, he said he grabbed it to thwart souvenir hunters. Then, for reasons that still seem fuzzy even to him, he said he entered the hospital and placed it next to Kennedy on the president’s stretcher, assuming it could somehow help doctors figure out what happened. At some point, he now guesses, the stretchers must have been pushed together and the bullet was shaken from one to another.

“There was nobody there to secure the scene, and that was a big, big bother to me,” Mr. Landis said. “All the agents that were there were focused on the president.” A crowd was gathering. “This was all going on so quickly. And I was just afraid that — it was a piece of evidence, that I realized right away. Very important. And I didn’t want it to disappear or get lost. So it was, ‘Paul, you’ve got to make a decision,’ and I grabbed it.’”

Mr. Landis theorizes that the bullet struck Kennedy in the back but for some reason was undercharged and did not penetrate deeply, therefore popping back out before the president’s body was removed from the limousine.

Mr. Landis has been reluctant to speculate on the larger implications. He always believed that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman.

But now? “At this point, I’m beginning to doubt myself,” he said. “Now I begin to wonder.” That is as far as he is willing to go.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Dissensus is in fact a secret brotherhood of music nerds who have sworn to defend the world from the scourge of the reincarnating president JFK - each time he comes back one of us must gird his loins, arm himself with the magic bullet firing vorpal gun and venture out to slay the beast - or die in the attempt. 33 minutes ago it was @version's turn and it seems he pulled it off.

version

In Memoriam, J.F.K. (1965)

This bullet is an old one.

In 1897, it was fired at the president of Uruguay by a young man from Montevideo, Avelino Arredondo, who had spent long weeks without seeing anyone so that the world might know that he acted alone. Thirty years earlier, Lincoln had been murdered by that same ball, by the criminal or magical hand of an actor transformed by the words of Shakespeare into Marcus Brutus, Caesar’s murderer. In the mid-seventeenth century, vengeance had employed it for the assassination of Sweden’s Gustavus Adolphus in the midst of the public hecatomb of battle.

In earlier times, the bullet had been other things, because Pythagorean metempsychosis is not reserved for humankind alone. It was the silken cord given to viziers in the East, the rifles and bayonets that cut down the defenders of the Alamo, the triangular blade that slit a queen’s throat, the wood of the Cross and the dark nails that pierced the flesh of the Redeemer, the poison kept by the Carthaginian chief in an iron ring on his finger, the serene goblet that Socarates drank down one evening.

In the dawn of time it was the stone that Cain hurled at Abel, and in the future it shall be many things that we cannot even imagine today, but that will be able to put an end to men and their wondrous, fragile life.

— Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986)