Films you've seen recently and would recommend WITH reservations

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
civil war is pretty cool. some good stuff in there. but its all a bit hazy. a film about war photographers but not that much depth on that. a film about a civil war but not much really on the politics. gets intense near the end, but up til then its a bit of a slow/intermittent burn with some truly weird music choices that i am assuming are meant to be irreverent but just come off tone deaf. alex garland can obviously direct, but not sure he can write, or think as well. a bit like a more conceptually ambitious edgar wright.
saw this in the cinema last night and have enjoyed it as well. i have a weak spot for road movies with all its obligatory scenes such as getting gas at the deserted gas station and dealing with all the weirdos. i agree with you that the music was a bit off at times, especially the de la soul track that started right after that very intense and bloody shoot out was a strange choice. it made the film a bit cartoonish.

DLaurent

Escape from San Quention 1957 a prison noir with a good actor in the form of Richard Devon, recognise him from somewhere else, almost gave up on YouTube films though due to ads.