TAHU BULAT MEGA THREAD 2023

Mr. Naga Pickle

tahu-bulat-saus-mentega.jpg

Tahu Bulat adalah jajanan tahu lezat yang dijajakan oleh pedagang keliling di Indonesia yang mengumumkan kehadirannya
dengan memainkan rekaman melingkar dari seorang pria ramah yang mengatakan "Tahu Bulat Digoreng Dadakan Dimobil
Limaratusan HALOOOOOOOOWW" dari pengeras suara di atas kendaraan mereka!

WhatsApp-Image-2021-12-15-at-19.12.20.jpeg

Setiap orang menyukai rekaman yang diputar! Dan Tahu Bulat!

p_img_1124ratu.JPG

Mereka telah menginspirasi begitu banyak seniman!

Inilah thread tempat Anda bisa menikmati kreasi yang terinspirasi dari Tahu Bulat!
Atau diskusikan Tahu Bulat! Atau bagikan suara menarik dari lingkungan Anda! Atau lingkungan lain!

tahu.jpg

sus

I would like to try this, is it savory or sweet?

It's interesting that Westerners LOVE and immediately get on-board a lot of South Asian savory cuisine, but don't have a taste for the sweets. I've served Gulab Jamun at dinner parties and few had the stomach for that much sugar.

IdleRich

IdleRich

It's interesting that Westerners LOVE and immediately get on-board a lot of South Asian savory cuisine, but don't have a taste for the sweets. I've served Gulab Jamun at dinner parties and few had the stomach for that much sugar.

I've never heard of that so I googled it... and it turns out we had something that looked pretty much exactly like that in a Nepalese restaurant the other day. I liked it but sure it is extremely sweet... thing is they only serve one of them, it's just one mouthful, I guess like a palate cleaner really. I take that as a kind of tacit acknowledgment that a full serving would be too sweet for westerners.

• Sad
Reactions: sus

Mr. Naga Pickle

is this within the genre or am I looking at something else? need an opinion of an expert @Cooking Mama 3
yep! this is very much within The Dangdut Continuum, this specific variant typically being referred to as breakbeat dangdut:

find this stuff to be super hit and miss most of the time, but 60s - early 80s dangdut is something i often really adore:

Mr. Naga Pickle

tahu bulat are savory, deep fried tofu balls, which are served with a spicy (sometimes sweet spicy) dipping sauce. haven't ever seen tahu bulat outside of indonesia, though they're easy and fun to make at home, should you feel so inclined:

wektor

I am keen on finding some here in the Netherlands, lots of Indonesian people live here so should not be too hard I presume?
Dangdut clubs too, possibly...

Mr. Naga Pickle

I am keen on finding some here in the Netherlands, lots of Indonesian people live here so should not be too hard I presume?
Dangdut clubs too, possibly...
haven't yet had the time to dig very deeply, but yes! there are definitely dangdut events happening the netherlands!

the internet hasn't been terribly helpful thusfar, though there are a number of indonesian dangdut musicians who live in
the netherlands, as well as some netherlanders of indonesian descent who play dangdut, and they do seem
to throw parties every so often (Nilam Sari, Asti Dewi, Duo Rudi-Cici, and Idris Permata are a few to maybe check
out).

your best bet is probably to visit as many of the indonesian grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, etc. in your area as
possible and look for flyers! i've had some of the best musical experiences of my life doing this and cannot
recommend it highly enough!

Mr. Naga Pickle

OH HEY! it occurs to me that these folks are based out of the netherlands and may be able to assist you in finding local dangdut: