DJ Jeeh FDC

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Feel like someone did a thread about brazilian funk music recently but can't find it so I'm making this about this one guy.

My mate is getting into this stuff was playing me some last night and these two stood out as particularly weird and wonderful.

My advice is PLAY THEM LOUD cos I've got them on low volume right now and they sound a bit feeble.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Been listening to some other ones he's done and no surprises as a producer he's got a formula, they get less 'wow' each time. Still, love how cheap sounding and weird and banging these are.

Mr. Naga Pickle

Feel like someone did a thread about brazilian funk music recently but can't find it so I'm making this about this one guy.

My mate is getting into this stuff was playing me some last night and these two stood out as particularly weird and wonderful.

My advice is PLAY THEM LOUD cos I've got them on low volume right now and they sound a bit feeble.
DJ Jeeh FDC is from Sao Paulo, but his sound is clearly influenced by Funk Belo Horizonte, which is arguably the weirdest
Funk Brasileiro iteration to date:

Funk Mandelao is a similarly new and odd style, featuring a notable EDM influence, extra distortion, and an unusual
predilection for berimbau samples:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Went to the NTS & TRAMA - Baile Funk Launch Event last night at Phonox. Sold out, packed with portugese/brazilians and the music was mental. (I was off my face on booze, shrooms and mdma, which helped.)

I'm adding DJ Pablo RB (headliner) to the list

version

Corpse was right at the front like...

sidetalk-sidetalknyc.gif

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Its good party music 🤷🏻‍♀️, plus it's also really weird at the same time -- which probably isn't something you're particularly interested in, ofc

To me it definitely resembles the Bronx drill stuff

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
One problem I have with it is it has pretty much zero emotional range/content

It's sort of light hearted and fun and at the same time brutal

luka

I wouldn't say it's that mental or weird besides blown out bass.
i think it is. this and the jersey stuff greens posted are weird cos they keep interuppting your fun. they're really fractured so you get really irritated. its like a blue balls type of music scenario.